PDA

View Full Version : What time does your cleaner come? Problem with cleaners dd :(

Katiekoo
08-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Those lucky enough to have a cleaner; when do ask them to come round?
Having a cleaner is meant to make my life easier but it's actually becoming a pain!
Mine used to come over at at 5.00pm for an hour and a bit while we went to the supermarket, or if i was working late - while I fed lo's and sent them home. Ofsted say she doesn't need a crb so I told her she could come when it suits her (1st mistake), I also said when I first met her that if ever she couldn't get childcare she could bring her 8year old daughter (2nd mistake).
SO.... now she brings her dd at least half the times and today turned up at 3.30 without checking. It worked out ok tody, but I find her dd hard work especially if I'm working. I tend to have lo's under 3 yrs, so she doesn't mess up my numbers but I'm not set up for older ones, she takes over my planned activities, breaks toys (not on purpose), uses all my craft resources, won't let lo's touch her toys. Mostly though she just goes on and on, needing my attention the whole time, shes a nice girl but i can just have enough! Even when she comes and i'm not working, I feel that I work all day looking other people's children I don't want to do it in the evening, I should be having time with my dd.

Anyway, we are moving house soon, time for a change, I know I have to address the issues. I did think of getting a new cleaner but her work is good and I like her! I thought changing the time I ask her to come might solve the problem. I don't want to say to her how hard I find her dd, I don't want to offend her she is so nice :( I know i should be more assertive. Any advice please?

funemnx
08-08-2012, 06:18 PM
When I had a cleaner, she used to come at 9.30 - 11.30 which suited me as I used to take the lo's out for the morning that day. Also, she only used to do upstairs for me, so if we didn't go out, it wasn't a problem.

Perhaps find a time that's good for you and ask her to do it then?

blue bear
08-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Mine came while I was at group, you could always say with the revised eyfs things have changed, suggest time that suits you (when her dd will be at school), I'm sure your cleaner would rather you address your concerns rather than replace her, after all you agreed to her coming whenever and bringing dd with her so she probably is unaware of how you feel unless you tel her.

Katiekoo
08-08-2012, 06:34 PM
I know, I really should say something, the trouble is I feel really bad because I said she could bring her dd, and her dd is nice she's just being an 8yr old, it's just a bit much! Cleaner works elsewhere in the daytime sadly, so it has to be after school.
I think I've just to to find a way to ask her not to bring her dd, I don't want to replace her.

Twinkles
08-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Can you just set a time. Say it's difficult as you don't know what time she's coming.
That way you can arrange to be out. ( just lock up your craft stuff ! )

Maza
08-08-2012, 07:11 PM
My cleaner comes on a Saturday at 9.00am. My neighbour's cleaner also used to bring her son and my neighbour regretted ever saying that this was okay, again, nice enough kid but you just don't need it. I agree, you just need to set a time and get her to stick to it. All you need to say is that you need it to fit in around your work - how can she be offended, this is what having a job usually means! You need to be firmer with DD or just be out. Bless you for being so lovely!

rickysmiths
08-08-2012, 11:09 PM
I would ask if she could perhaps bring her homework or a book or activity of her own. Say you don't mind her coming and you will keep an eye but you can't childminder because you have to give your attention to the younger ones.

Katiekoo
09-08-2012, 08:31 AM
All good advice thanks guys, I wouldn't have bothered you all with this normally but I can't seem to think straight at the moment! All my usual folk for bouncing ideas off are super busy right now, and you guys are always here!
So thanks!

Katiekoo
09-08-2012, 08:37 AM
I would ask if she could perhaps bring her homework or a book or activity of her own. Say you don't mind her coming and you will keep an eye but you can't childminder because you have to give your attention to the younger ones.
Really like this idea - cheers :)