PDA

View Full Version : What makes a good parent information pack?

DottyD
08-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Hi,
I'm just starting out (even though been registered since April 12) and am putting parent information packs together to give out to prosepective parents:

Front Cover
About my setting
About me
Typical day
Sample menu
Fee structure & how I calculate fees (i.e. standardise them so it's the same amount each month)
Copy of contract
Useful contacts (ofsted, council, websites)

I don't want to give too much out as this is just for prospective parents when they make inital contact & come and view. Any thoughts? Do you think I should leave out the contract until the parents have decided to sign up with me? My reason for including it was so they could read through and use it as part of their decision making. I didn't want them to say they wanted to use me and then when I asked them to sign the contract start to quibble. There is nothing in my contract that shoudn't be there, it is well written and it is along the same lines as one I signed myself when my children were at nursery.

Thanks,
Claire

sarah707
08-08-2012, 04:54 PM
If you look towards the end of the EYFS requirements there is a list of information which must be shared with parents.

it's a good idea to use that as a basis for your parent pack - plus the information in your list of course!

Hth :D

DottyD
08-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Great, many thanks :)

pinkellifun
08-08-2012, 07:45 PM
I have a parent information folder which parents can see at my house and then a slimmed down leaflet with some of the same info for them to take away.

In the folder I include: about me and my setting, my hours, fees and deposit, settling in, illness and notice periods, a typical day, a list of activities and a list of my policies. I also include the most important policies so they can have a read, some info about the EYFS, some leaflets i.e. FIS, abuse ones, etc and any references I have.

In the leaflet I put: about me and my setting, my hours, fees and deposit, settling in, illness and notice periods, a typical day, a list of activities and a list of my policies. And then a link to my website for more information.

HTH

Kiddleywinks
08-08-2012, 08:18 PM
For a first visit I have:
A welcome booklet (A4 folded in half with info on activities, brief fees outline, meals, my aims and ethos, etc)
An introduction to me - who I am, my background etc
Scanned and shrunk copies of my first aid cert and reg cert (Number blanked out)
Current Ofsted recommended sample policies
Tax credits info leaflet
HPA guidance leaflet
If an eyfs child, EYFS info for parents - about to re do that one for Sept

I do have a blank photocopy of a contract for them to look at if required, but only really use it to prompt questions

rickysmiths
08-08-2012, 10:58 PM
I have just put this into another thread!

I have a parent information folder. This has in it:

A Welcome to my setting Page with my Logo
A copy of my latest Ofsted Report
A copy of my latest Ofsted Cert
A copy of my first Aid Cert
A copy of my Brochure
A page written from NCMA website about the benefits of home based care
A few photos of my home and children doing different activities
A copy of my Public Liability Insurance Cert
A one sided sheet with 'A Typical Day'
Sample Menus
Blank Contract
Parental Responsibility Form
Next of Kin Form
Child Information Form
Blank All About Me Form
Copy of Daily Diary Sheet
Consent Form this lists all the permissions I ask for, Consent for medical attention, I list all my Policies (I have 13 on 9 pages), Complaints Procedure and then ask for them to sign to say they have read, agree to and have received a copy of all the documents.
Copy of all my Policies
Copy of my Complaints Procedure
A poem 'When your child comes home messy'
Some info supporting my not using Socket Covers
The Parents Guide to EYFS
Copy of HPA Guidance on infection control in schools and other childcare settings.
HPA List of Notifiable Diseases

It all fits into one of the pocket display folders. It is a 40 page one but only 30 pages are full.

DottyD
09-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Thanks for your replies, these are really helpful...glad I was along the right lines! :)