PDA

View Full Version : Why did I take the parents words for granted...

oxfordshirecm
08-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Well one mindee was dropped off this morning ( she only comes once a week) and last words mum says is...have been successful at potty training and is now dry in pants.

Brilliant I think.. Well done mindee :) big mistake... Mindee had been with me less than 30 mins when she wee' d on my carpet- ow well mistakes happen I think and remind her about potty clear it up and continue. 4 weeks on floor later- no wees in potty I then smell something only to find mindee has poo'd in corner of room and not told me. Go and find mindee and she is happily playing in garden with poo up her legs, in her shoes and in her pants.

I really don't think mindee is ready for potty training as she doesn't even realise she is having these accidents and is happy playing in soiled and wet pants.

What would you say to parents about this?

caz3007
08-08-2012, 04:06 PM
That its no knickers here for a while :panic:

I had one like this, took a step back here and made mum continue at home for longer and then he came back ready to try again here.

karensmart4
08-08-2012, 04:44 PM
I have a rule that I share with parents; 2 accidents and they have a pull-up on.... we still encourage the use of the potty but because of hygiene reasons we can't keep having accidents on the floor and furniture.

I always say that it's a different environment at home usually in a 1:1 situation, there are too many distractions here and potty training gets forgotten by lil one (no matter how many reminders you give them).

Mrs Dolphin
08-08-2012, 07:06 PM
I would be Interested to hear everyone's opinions about this. I have just potty trained my own 2.5 yr old, but my 2.5 yr mindee was not interested. I think the parents are the type to send her to me on the first day of training. What are your rules/guidelines for this. Do you accept them potty training from day one?

oxfordshirecm
08-08-2012, 07:11 PM
I personally made the parents of my 2.8 yrs old mindees start potty training at the weekend then I was happy to continue as I had them full time 10 hours a day. But I felt the parent today of the other little girl thought as I had potty trained the other 2 in four days (they picked it up really quickly) that I was super women's and could train her little one in the 3 hours I have her on a Wednesday.

The cleaning bill to clean my carpets is over three times the amount more than what I earns from her today :(