PDA

View Full Version : visitors staying less tha 6 weeks

Winnie
08-08-2012, 12:48 PM
I hope someone can help.
My daughter will be moving back home for 4 weeks shortly. I phoned ofsted to ask which of their form (EY2 EY3) i should fill out and they said because she will be here for a short period i do not need to send them anything. I must 'ensure she isn't left unsupervised with children bla bla....'

I'm always a little nervous of believing what i'm told on the phone by Ofsted :p so I googled 'short term visitiors' this can up on childmindinghelp :)
"if guests are only staying for a few weeks checks will not be required as the individuals will be classed as visitors to the home, please note persons who are not vetted must not be left alone, or be in regular contact with children unsupervised. If your guests are going to be staying for a period of six weeks or more, please notify us in order for this information to be reviewed".Dec 11.
Can anyone reference this quote directly to Ofsted please?

Winnie
08-08-2012, 01:26 PM
this is where i found the quote
http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/becomingachildminder.html

do we know where the original is from?

cara1235
08-08-2012, 01:29 PM
I never trust what they tell me over the phone so always email them aswell so that way you have a copy of your query and their response;)

sarah707
08-08-2012, 05:03 PM
It is my understanding that if it takes longer to get the CRB check done than the visitor is with you then they don't bother :D