PDA

View Full Version : Just had my 1st parents round

JoRo163
08-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Just had my first parents round this morning. It's been really difficult to get any interest whatsoever - though I have only been registered for about 3 weeks so I may be being a little impatient!

It went ok, the conversation flowed and I answered all their questions. But it's for an 8 week old baby and I think they're wanting a nanny rather than a childminder :( I will just have to wait and see. I gave them some info to take away and told them to call me if they have any more questions. So I will wait and see. They said they'll let me know either way within a week.

I think I'm starting to panic - just a tiny bit, that I've worked so hard to get here and now I can't find any work! I know it's early days but just one child to look after would be a start and make a difference financially too! I hope I'm not the only one with these worries!!!

sarah707
08-08-2012, 05:07 PM
It can take months to get established - it will be quicker if you tell everyone you meet that you have vacancies!!

You should have looked at local childcare requirements as part of your business plan - go back to that and see what ideas you had then for advertising, marketing etc.

Good luck! :D

*Katrina*
08-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Yes it is slow in the beginning, I had nothing for nearly 2 months then saw 3 families in a week!! I now have 2 children, one 4 days a week and one 2 days a week from September. They all found me through my website, do you have one? Is your information on your local family information services website? I also put posters up around my village and gave my business card to some of the mums at the local toddler group. Since those 3 families I've not had any more enquiries again...strange how it goes.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Tippy Toes
08-08-2012, 05:56 PM
It took me about 2 months to get enquiries and that was after doing a leaflet drop!

Just get your business know and you will get the enquiries, best of luck.