PDA

View Full Version : Had my 1st grading inspection today and can't help feeling disappointed in myself

sunview_cm
06-08-2012, 06:57 PM
I knew she was coming either today or tomorrow, but hoped it would be tomorrow because I have 2 eyfs children and we have a lovely day and routine. On a monday I have 1 eyfs child and a 6 year old boy who is friends with my son, + my son (6yrs) and daughter (2). I wasn't nervous and thought I was prepared but I had only had this combination of children together once about 3 weeks ago. I don't know what got into my son but he turned into a spoilt brat, moaning, winging, falling out with the other 6 year old, moaning about sharing his toys with the 20m year old! It was constant! I'd planned and set up activities that I knew they would like but the older children went and got out some difficult boxed craft activity, that I really would of liked to plan for but couldn't tell them no after they'd choosen it. So that took up alot of my time sorting that out for them and the younger ones wanted to do it but it wasn't suitable for them so tried to occupy them with colouring! I planned and suggested an outside picnic at lunchtime then remembered that the 20 m old had spaghetti(they provide own lunch) and really needed to sit at the table to be able to feed his self but then the others obviously still wanted to sit outside. So I had some outside and some inside and all the time the inspector was trying to ask me question and I just couldn't concentrate enough to give her a good clear answer. Anyway she gave me abit of feedback but can't remember much of it as I couldn't really concentrate. She's recommended working on partnerships with other settings but I have had no chance to do this yet, but told her I will be having a girl in sept who will be attending pre school for 1 morning so will speak to them about how we can do this.
She graded me Good with a few satisfactory for areas I've not really had chance to show evidence of. So I totally pleased with the result but just think I let myself down, the day didn't feel like it went well. Just feels like it was total kaos! :o There was folders and toys/resourses everywhere!!

I should be pleased but feel deflated :(

Penny1959
06-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Don't be too hard on yourself. It sounds like you did really well - and clearly coped with several difficult situations very well.

I am sure once you have had time to relax a bit and your own children are in bed, you will reflect and feel really good about the outcome.

Penny :)

blue bear
06-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Well done :clapping: time to start celebrating, it's always your own child that plays up lol. Sounds like you did very well, stop beating yourself up, childmimdimg never goes to plan you ,ust have coped beautifully, hence the grade of good.

sarah707
06-08-2012, 07:23 PM
My ds used to be dreadful for playing up and second guessing me / arguing with me in front of people.

I used to end up bribing him to keep his mouth shut :laughing:

Luckily he's big enough to be a help now - I promise they do grow out of it.

You did really well under a lot of stress. Celebrate your result! :clapping:

loocyloo
06-08-2012, 08:23 PM
well done you. sounds like you did really well with everything going on.

my DS bit me at my first inspection :eek: and tantrumed left right & centre :rolleyes:

when it was time for my 2nd inspection i arranged for a friend to have him for lunch every day the inspector might come :laughing: :blush:

3rd inspection he was at school and it was DDs turn to be a wotsit! very sweet, but trying to organise EVERYONE and EVERYTHING!

next inspection they will BOTH be at school and if by some chance it is the holidays ... they will be OUT!!! ;):D

miffy
06-08-2012, 08:40 PM
It sounds like you coped excellently!

Relax and enjoy your good grade! :)

Miffy xx

karensmart4
07-08-2012, 08:51 AM
Children ALWAYS have a habit of doing this... we all go through it either with the inspectors or with new parents visiting ......

My foster son was an absolute pain in the rear end when a prospective parent and hubby came to visit,

He made swords from anything he could find and kept wanting to fight their son :eek:

He was running up and down the stairs, climbing over the banisters anything and everything that he could do to draw attention to himself he did :panic:

They signed up :( I wouldn't have :blush:

So what I'm saying is; don't beat yourself up... you did brilliantly :thumbsup:

sgu97alf
07-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Massive congratulations on your grading!!! It sounds to me that you coped very well with how the day developed and the circumstances that arose, and that is what Mrs O will have been looking out for.

Try not to beat yourself up too much about it, there will always be things you wish you did differently, its part of life. Try to take the positive and forget the negatives, you did GOOD girl, well done. :clapping:

Anna x

primula
07-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Sorry but you got a 'Good' overall, in the summer holidays in lousy weather with 2 six year old boys:eek: with a total of 4 kids of different ages!!! I doubt very much if I would of done any better!!! rejoice its over for 3YEARS!!!

sunview_cm
07-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Thank you all :)
All your comments have made me feel alot better. I had a really bad day and still got a good, so thats good!! lol :clapping:
I knew today would of been a better day. We've had a lovely day today. I have a 20m old, a 14m old and my 2 1/2 yr old and things just work well but never mind!
Can't wait to read my report now. Does anyone know how long they normally take?
xxx:D