PDA

View Full Version : lovely day out wanted to share with you all

beachgirl29
04-08-2012, 09:38 PM
just settling down to bed after a lovely day with my daughter.I do enjoy weekends now i dont work them but do miss the extra money.

We went to birmingham to see the gruffalo live show. she was good on the train and got a little bit bored but enjoyed trips to the loo ( very exciting! the flush on the loo was very loud noise which made her jump and laugh)
Also got a magazine to entertain her and she was very happy when she had the job of handing the ticket to the man. she said afterwards i am very proud which made me laugh.

Besides getting a bit lost on the way we made it in time even had time for some sandwiches and an icecream while watching the olympics on the big telly before going in.
The show was good bit slow at the start but great when we were all shouting GRRRRR! at the fox.
Afterwards went for a pizza and ended up just making the train which was lucky as i booked a seat! I am terrible at time management! Good time had by all and would recommend for a good day out.

childminder54
04-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Glad you had a nice time. I like in brum

karensmart4
04-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Sounds like a lovely day :clapping:

rickysmiths
04-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Sounds like a brilliant day. :clapping::clapping:

charleyfarley
04-08-2012, 10:06 PM
OML I can't believe you were there too, we went to see The Gruffalo in Brum too today :clapping::clapping: How good was it,considering there's only 3 people in it, well worth going to see it, We are booking up for the Gruffalo's Child in Dec as we can do the German market too :thumbsup:

We loved seeing the Jamaican celebrations as we've been to Jamaica and it bought back many memories although hubby refused to pay £6.00 for Jerk Chicken (skinflint :laughing:) We popped to the pub for dinner before a bit more shopping.

Shame we had to rush back otherwise we woud have shopped for longer :thumbsup:

Carol xx

blue bear
05-08-2012, 06:54 AM
Lucky you, sounds like a lovely way to spend a Saturday:)

beachgirl29
05-08-2012, 03:52 PM
we were right at the back row but it was still ok but would of liked to been lower down as the gruffalo came off the stage as my daughter wanted to meet him lol!

yes we saw the gruffalos child is on but i have already booked a big show for next year we are going to see walking with dinosaurs! can't wait!

loocyloo
05-08-2012, 04:03 PM
i LOVE the gruffalo stage show! i first took DS when he was 3! (he is now 10!)

i bought it on dvd and we still watch it!

charleyfarley
05-08-2012, 05:32 PM
we were right at the back row but it was still ok but would of liked to been lower down as the gruffalo came off the stage as my daughter wanted to meet him lol!

yes we saw the gruffalos child is on but i have already booked a big show for next year we are going to see walking with dinosaurs! can't wait!

We were towards the back too, row P, we probably walked past each other ar some stage :) I wished we'd been at the front too so the children could have seen him up close:)

Enjoy Walking with Dinosaurs :thumbsup:

Carol xx