PDA

View Full Version : SUNDAY ROAST

angeldelight
04-08-2012, 10:37 AM
I know when I was a child we always had a Sunday roast ,people don't always seem to bother now though,myself included.

I do love a Sunday roast though ....what about you?

Do you have one every week?

Do you have one when you get time?

Do you find it takes up a lot of your day?

Do you think it's too expensive,would you rather go for a carvery ... No washing up :clapping:

Or are you not fussed either way,or do you not like?

So what do you do?

Angel xxx

amanda1309
04-08-2012, 10:53 AM
We have one nearly every Sunday.

My mam makes it and some days there are 11 for lunch.:clapping:

We have always done it and probably always will.

Every now and again we eat out but with so many it's not always that easy:laughing:

LOOPYLISA
04-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Try to have one most sundays, if not then its in the week, if we meet up with the inlaws on a sunday we go out for one :thumbsup:

Its alot cheaper to go out for lunch though, joint of meat in the supermarket is £10-15 and you can get a carvery here for half that :laughing:

Funny as i was only saying to dd im going to cook one tomorrow, we are having a 4 bird roast :D

FussyElmo
04-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Love sunday roast will do one in the week as well. I dont do as many in the summer but miss them if we dont have for for a few weeks.

fionamal
04-08-2012, 11:35 AM
We always have a Sunday roast. Thats how I was brought up and how im bringing up my 2 aswell.

They now expect it even when on holiday we had to go somewhere for a roast :laughing:

Happy Bunny
04-08-2012, 01:00 PM
We always have a sunday roast, it's the only day we get to sit together as a family for dinner.

Graham
04-08-2012, 01:10 PM
We have Sunday roast most Sundays, mmm leg of lamb my favourite, I'm slavering at the thought.

cathtee
04-08-2012, 03:07 PM
We have one every week although not until the evening, its the only time we all get ot sit down as a family.:)

Toothfairy
04-08-2012, 03:36 PM
In the winter we have one almost every weekend but in the summer months it's only about once a month.

singingcactus
04-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Oddly enough we were just talking about this earlier today. My friend does one every week, on a sunday. I do roast dinner sometimes but hardly ever on a sunday. We had roasted meat yesterday, but not a traditional sunday roast style.

charleyfarley
04-08-2012, 04:15 PM
We tend to have a roast on a Friday or Saturday cos of hubby working away Sunday to Friday but not every week.

A Sunday roast was a ritual in our house when growing up ptrobably why I rebel and cook it on a Friday :laughing:

I'm with you Graham, can't beat roast lamb :thumbsup:

Carol xx

LOOPYLISA
04-08-2012, 06:34 PM
We tend to have a roast on a Friday or Saturday cos of hubby working away Sunday to Friday but not every week.

A Sunday roast was a ritual in our house when growing up ptrobably why I rebel and cook it on a Friday :laughing:

I'm with you Graham, can't beat roast lamb :thumbsup:

Carol xx

My least fav meat is lamb, ewwwww :D

Happy Bunny
04-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Roast Beef, Roast Potatoes, carrots, peas, yorkie puds and nice thick gravy.

Oh ROLL ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!

pinkellifun
04-08-2012, 07:22 PM
I've just finished mine!

Ok, I know its not Sunday but I have to work around my Dad's shifts - so today we had Roast Beef, Roast potatoes, Roast carrots, potatoes, gravy and yorkshire pudding! Yum!

We have it most weeks.

mushpea
04-08-2012, 08:47 PM
we have one every week in the summer, it turns in to a bbq in the summer but normaly we have a roast during the week in the summer.
we have all the trimmings and I try not to let it take up the whole morning although I do like to do everything from scratch including dessert.

caz3007
04-08-2012, 08:52 PM
We have one sometimes, it depends on what we are doing.

Having gammon tomorrow. Hubby always cooks it :):):)

mrs robbie williams
05-08-2012, 06:44 AM
I normally tend to do a roast on a sunday, its the only time we are able to eat together as a family - roast pork today, stuffing, hm yorkies, roast and mash pots and peas - going on holiday in the morning so havnt been food shopping so no fresh veg :)

Mrs Scrubbit
05-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Some times do a roast, more so in the winter x

Chimps Childminding
05-08-2012, 11:41 AM
We always had a sunday roast when I was at home, but to be honest apart from lamb i'm not really that keen.

We never have one in the summer as my lot all play cricket at the weekends, and only sometimes in the winter - as I say I'm not keen and as I do the cooking we have what I like :D

Ripeberry
05-08-2012, 03:07 PM
We are out and about every weekend. If we have a roast its at a pub.

loocyloo
05-08-2012, 03:28 PM
we have roasts most sundays in winter, less often in the summer, although i tend to roast the meat and have salad!

i LOVE roast lamb AND roast pork. :D just put a chicken in to roast for tea with tatties and think it will be proper veg too! ( been on holiday for a week and am a bit bored of either salad or spanish roast veg! ;) )

blue bear
05-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Oh I love roast, it's so easy to do. Personally I'd have one every day. Always have one on a Sunday and usually in the week too.

louise
05-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Very rarely do we have one, normally it's if we go to mil or to a carvery. In fact I think I've only cooked about 3! I much prefer pasta ect. If we are at home dinner is always home made on a sunday and we have a pud.

mum22
05-08-2012, 08:40 PM
oh a roast , my favourite part of Sunday! Mmmmmmm rare roast beef and horseradish, or pork and apple sauce mmmmmmmmmmm

Rubybubbles
05-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Depends as the kids are home now from school every sunday, but when they are at school on the times they are home:clapping:

I love a roast we always have it over lunch time though and have buffet style evening nibbles:)

hectors house
06-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Oh I love roast, it's so easy to do. Personally I'd have one every day. Always have one on a Sunday and usually in the week too.

Me too, all the Monday mindees love their "Sunday" roast and sometimes there is enough chicken left for sandwiches or salad or a curry.

Mindees today have had roast chicken, chipolata sausages, mashed sweet potatoes, carrots & peas and cauliflower & brocolli cheese, gravy.

I'm not fond of BBQ's - begrudge using a half our meat shopping for one meal - we have sausages one night, pork chops another, chicken breasts another - if you have a BBQ you eat it all on one day!