PDA

View Full Version : Pre-reg visit...but no booklet

Alison85
01-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Hello all,
Some help would be much appreciated! I have my pre-reg visit next week but am a bit worried about what sort of things they are going to be looking for.

I am doing CYPOP5 as a fastrack so have had no additional help with this and took the decision to register myself ahead of finishing my course rather than waiting. Consequently I haven't come across the booklet which is mentioned in so many of these similar posts!

I am familiar with the current EYFS as am qualified as a nursery nurse and am doing my degree but it is a few years since I have worked as have been busy with my own little ones. I have also taken a quick glance at the new EYFS, which I assume they may ask about?!

Also a bit concerned about the state of my house as it is never quite straight with the kids here...are they very concerned about that or not?!

TIA! xxx

sarah707
02-08-2012, 07:31 AM
From 1st Sept it will be a legal requirement to complete the introductory course before applying to Ofsted - a lot of local authorities (and Ofsted inspectors) are already putting that requirement in place.

Ofsted also say that all checks (medical, CRB etc) should be back and courses completed (first aid, safeguarding - depending on LA requirements) before they visit because it costs them time and money if problems come up in the future.

Your inspector will be able to give you more information.

There is a copy of the pre-reg booklet in downloads at the top of the forum. Your inspector will base their questions around it.

I hope it all goes well for you! :D

Alison85
05-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the booklet Sarah, it's helping massively! :thumbsup:

My local authority does recommend that I finish the course first but I have to hurry the process along as I need to be registered asap so that I can continue my degree on the fee structure that I am already on, as I can't afford the new fees!
I have already completed first aid and safeguarding and have sent off for my CRB, so hopefully won't come across any hurdles.

Fingers crossed it all goes well!