PDA

View Full Version : Safeguarding Children Policy

cccwil
01-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Hi, wondered if someone could point me in the right direction?

I am a newly registered childminder, but I am still waiting for a Safeguarding Course in my area, therefore I am looking for help in writing my Safeguarding Children Policy.

Could someone tell give me some key points to enclose, and also let me know what numbers I have to include on the policy please?

Numbers I have at the moment are for -
Social Services, Ofsted & the Safeguarding Children's Board.

Thanks in advance
Kx

Carol M
01-08-2012, 06:37 PM
A good place to start .... google Bromley Childminding -Policies. Also NCMA has a good example( think you need to be a member tho to access)Also have a look in Free Resources- click at top of forum page.
Amend their Safeguarding policy to suit your business. There are certain things that must be added in Sept 12 due to the revised EYFS, you will find these details in the Statutory framework for EYFS 2012 ( download from OFSTED website).
Once you have your training you will be able to expand your policy with full understanding of your responsibilities. Maybe your LA have some info on their website for you to use too? Do you have a development officer or know a more experienced childminder in your area who could help too?
Carol xx

cccwil
01-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Thanks for your help. I will have a look x