PDA

View Full Version : Daily Diary - what goes in?

pinkellifun
31-07-2012, 09:06 PM
I have just started having a 2.5 y.o. boy. I am using an A5 page a day diary to complete his daily diary. At the moment I am writing nappy changes (e.g. wet, dirty and times); snacks and drinks (what he had and when); what activities we did.

That's all I've put in so far. I was planning to add in any problems, accidents, etc if there are any.

Do I need any other information or does this seem sufficient?

Stapleton83
31-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Hi

The only other bits I include are what time they arrive/leave and who with and any observations which can make doing learning journeys easier.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Sam x

Chimps Childminding
31-07-2012, 09:50 PM
I also put in a pogo picture once or twice a month (depending on how often lo comes)

christine e
01-08-2012, 07:20 AM
I include if we have seen anyone they know eg if we bump into their neighbours or any relatives on our travels

Cx

jumping j
01-08-2012, 07:28 AM
what everyone else said.
date
what they've eaten including snacks
nappy changes
accidents
new words/activities they've tried
activities they've enjoyed during the day
pogo pic if I've got a good phot of lo doing something
space for parent comment (not that it gets used very often!)

AgentTink
01-08-2012, 07:43 AM
I also have most of the same as above:
Date
Food and drinks
Naps and nappies
What I have done today
A section for childminders comments for me to mention anything I feel the parent would like to know, ie child's mood if unusual, something new the child has done, something the child has shown real interest in etc
A section titled parents comments - ofsted really likes this as it shows that I encourage parents to share information with me even if the parents choose not to write anything.
A section titled notices for me to put anything important such as things they need to replenish, holiday dates, etc

I have this on a word document that I have printed out loads of times onto a5 sized paper so that I can then just stick one in each day and I find it easier to fill in this way.

lizdew123
07-08-2012, 01:47 PM
I include same as above. I always comment on the child's mood and point out anything that they have particularly enjoyed (or disliked) doing. Like the idea of a printed out a5 sheet to fill in (comment above), this would save me loads of time:)