PDA

View Full Version : tax again !!

debh
31-07-2012, 06:17 AM
We have been back to the accountant who has know taken off money for wear and tear, this has caused my daughters payment to go down but mine has gone up and I know have to pay some money for next year as well . I am really struggling to get my head around this.

jadavi
31-07-2012, 06:23 AM
Could u explain a bit more what you mean? Also is it financially worth using an accountant? Wondering if I can do it myself (first year) do you mind sharing what they charged?

jadavi
31-07-2012, 06:35 AM
Could u explain a bit more what you mean? Also is it financially worth using an accountant? Wondering if I can do it myself (first year) do you mind sharing what they charged?

debh
31-07-2012, 04:07 PM
They charged us £375.00 thats for 2 minders working as a partnership, I wish I had done it myself now as we ended up having problems

Chatterbox Childcare
31-07-2012, 06:46 PM
I am confused - how can your tax go up when you are claiming for as an expense?

migimoo
31-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Poor you-it's a nightmare isn't it? I literally lie there in bed at night using my bedroom ceiling as a giant notepad working it all out in my head.

This is my first year and i'm so confused that I am going to use my friends accountant until I get my head around it all-if anyone lives in the Coventry/Leamington area the one I use is very reasonable about £80-£100 if anyone wants her details?

Rubybubbles
31-07-2012, 07:56 PM
it is easier than you think! I use the ncma accounts book, have a file with each month, where I pop in each reciept then at the end of each week/month spend 1/2 filling in;)

Do you have someone who can sit with you ie: another childminder to show you?

debh
02-08-2012, 06:20 AM
I already do my weekly and monthly accounts incoming and out goings just needed an accountant to check over to see if I had missed anything and submit to inland revenue. He did put the car through as capital which I struggled to work out.

aly
02-08-2012, 07:13 PM
I already do my weekly and monthly accounts incoming and out goings just needed an accountant to check over to see if I had missed anything and submit to inland revenue. He did put the car through as capital which I struggled to work out.
did he take his fee off too as that is an expense you can claim as well.?