PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what to do?

lorettacritchet
30-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Not sure if this is the correct area to ask this but how do you know if you a child is suffering with diahorroea due to teething or a viral infection?

I had a baby who was off for a week with this upset condition, the mother took her to doctors who said the child was suffering with a viral thing. The child came back to me for two days the week after due to the fact the child hadn't had a runny bum for a while and all of a sudden my daughter developed an upset tummy and diahorrea so must have been viral....however the mother has taken her out of my care again due to the same condition but explains it's only once a day, thick, lumpy and yellowy orange....question is i don't want to keep putting her as sick if this is just teething...what would you do?

Ali56
30-07-2012, 09:40 PM
I have a 12 month old at the moment who is teething. His nappies are vile-and I've changed a few in my time! He's well with no fever, he's eating plenty and not screaming the house down when he poo's, no sign of tummy ache! He's playing/mixing happily with the others and joining in with all the things he likes.
if he were to seem unwell/off colour or become clingy and miserable then I would send him home.
The trouble with 'teething' nappies is that they can go on and on for a while and there is nothing wrong with baby really, its just how some babies teethe, just the extra cuddle every now and then when teeth are sore-and rapid nappy changes to try to prevent sore bottys!
Use your instincts-you'll know if baby is unwell and be firm with parents when they are.