PDA

View Full Version : demanding parent

Lilylulu
30-07-2012, 07:26 PM
this child has not been with us for the last year, we gave notice due to ongoing difficulties with the parent. Today she rings me out of the blue (at lunchtime!) and says she needs me to supply receipts or a letter breaking down her fees paid last year. I suggested she use her final statement as it had a total breakdown for the whole academic year but she admits she lost it and wants april onwards breaking down (2010-2011).
I said OK but there may be an admin charge and there may a delay as I am about to have my hols. She continued to rant and after excusing myself because I had little ones at the table ready and needed to serve up lunch, I hung up.
A string of texts followed stating she has reported me for not supplying the necessary receipts/details and that it will be passed on to the relevant authorities.
I didnt say I wouldnt do it, just not right that now. I also said that I would deal with hmrc directly to make things easier but she she said no she wanted the letter herself.
Grrrrrrrr. I am sure she just needs info for her tax credit renewal and will have had ages to get this completed before now so is putting pressure on me like its all my fault for the delay. :angry:

sarah707
30-07-2012, 07:28 PM
A lot of parents are getting letters asking for proof of their claims for last year.

I asked tax credits for advice and they told me that if you think there is any chance parent has been wrongly claiming you should send it direct.

Hope it is sorted quickly xx

lisa1968
31-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Would definitely send it direct to the tax credit office.Shes got a bit of a cheek to ring out of the blue and demand that you do it for her!! Its not your fault that she lost her final statement! I would be wondering if she would somehow tamper with it if it was sent direct to her-or am I just suspicious??

Kiddleywinks
31-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Would definitely send it direct to the tax credit office.Shes got a bit of a cheek to ring out of the blue and demand that you do it for her!! Its not your fault that she lost her final statement! I would be wondering if she would somehow tamper with it if it was sent direct to her-or am I just suspicious??

I was thinking the same lol, especially as she 'wanted the letter herself'....

mummyof3
31-07-2012, 08:30 PM
I've had to do this for a few of my parents and the letter they get from hmrc states 'they' have to send a list of forms and they ask for invoices/receipts or a letter from childcare provider. Would be easier I suppose if they ask us direct but I guess that would take too long for them and result in much more paperwork. :rolleyes: