PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Childcare Costs for School Aged Child

ladders
30-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Hi people, bit of a query:-

I have a 7 year old two days a week. I usually take her to school and pick her up. She gets dropped off at 7.45am and collected at 18.30. For this, I charge £30.00 per day.

When she is on school holidays and I have her all day, I charge an additional £15 per day.

She was on holiday last week, so I didn't have her at all and she is on holiday next week, so I won't have her at all then either. However, I have charged £45 for all days throughout the holidays regardless of whether she is here or not as that is the school holidays price for care allocated and reserved for her.

Is this right, or am I being unreasonable? The only reason I think I am right is that I could have had another full day paying client on the days she is not with me in any case?

Help hugely appreciated.

muffins
30-07-2012, 04:36 PM
What does it say in the contract for pay during her holidays? Is there a notice period that theyhave to give you for holidays?

ladders
30-07-2012, 04:42 PM
What does it say in the contract for pay during her holidays? Is there a notice period that theyhave to give you for holidays?

The contract states 4 weeks notice - which they gave me and full pay - obviously full pay usually (in term time) is £30 xx

muffins
30-07-2012, 04:46 PM
The contract states 4 weeks notice - which they gave me and full pay - obviously full pay usually (in term time) is £30 xx

So what your saying is its not written down the extra £15 for the holiday days? Or even the extra hrs during holidays?

If not then you can only really charge whats written, £30.

ladders
30-07-2012, 04:49 PM
So what your saying is its not written down the extra £15 for the holiday days? Or even the extra hrs during holidays?

If not then you can only really charge whats written, £30.

Oh, sorry, no - we do have the holiday period amounts agreed in the contract.

muffins
30-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Oh, sorry, no - we do have the holiday period amounts agreed in the contract.

Then yes you charge the full £45, if they query it point it out in the contract:thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
30-07-2012, 04:59 PM
My contracts state term time or all year so I do as you have proposed. They can't have it all their own way, either they want the space or not

ladders
30-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Thanks Ladies, being fairly new to all of this, always good to have peoples thoughts and opinions:) x