PDA

View Full Version : Registered in March - still no phone call for first inspection

skyla2011
29-07-2012, 07:52 PM
How long does it take for them to call you? and will they just wait now until September, I'm due to go on holiday for 3 weeks on the 10th August so if I get a phone call from them before will they wait for when I'm back?:huh:

Also how would I go about getting these 2 little ones down the stairs out of my flat safely when we go for walks etc, is it ok to put one in a secured room with a stair gate while I put one in the pram outside? the pram would be in my secured garden.

Sorry for all the questions but I'm just so nervous and feel really overwhelmed with all the paperwork I'm meant to have ready etc. I only started minding children on the 25th June, so don't really have much to write about on the SEF either, and I'm in way over my head with how to go about observing and planning for my 2 children, they are aged 4 months and 15 months :(

Any advice would be appreciated thank you x :)

liz79
01-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Hi, When I regstered it took nearly a year before I got my first inspection, despite the fact they say it will be within the first 6 months! They will ring to find out what days you are working that, or the following week and will come on one of those days. They aren't supposed to tell you which one, but I have known of people who have been told. If you are on holiday for 3 weeks then they will wait until you return.
With regard to geting the 2 little ones down the stairs - do you have any space at the bottom of the stairs for the pushchair so that one is not left outside? I'd always make sure they are always within ear shot and obviously in a safe place - this is just my opinion not sure of any rules with regard to this though.

Boris
01-08-2012, 05:17 PM
My friend spoke to someone at OFSTED yesterday and she was told there are no inspections in August so I'd say you're safe for a month at least!!

mrstom
01-08-2012, 05:41 PM
I agree, we were told that if no inspection call by 21st July then you won't get one until September. They need to train up their inspectors on the new EYFS apparently.

My friend was registered in February 2012 and she had 'the call' and was due to be inspected yesterday (although for various reasons she had to cancel it anyway). So sometimes they do still come within six months of registration.

I'm due my first inspection in September so I'm hoping they don't get round to me until 2013 ;)