PDA

View Full Version : E-books on Kindle

sarah707
29-07-2012, 01:05 PM
A number of customers have been asking me recently if they can access my e-books on Kindle and other e-readers.

I have been playing with different software and file formats (steep learning curve!) and I have found this software -

http://calibre-ebook.com/

It is free (you can donate if you want) and there is a good demo to watch.

You drag and drop my e-book into it and then when you plug your e-reader into your computer you can 'send to device'.

From what I can see it keeps the original document formatting (spacing, pages, font etc) and everything seems to work ok.

Reading through the help file it also seems to convert other documents from different formats into other formats so is useful if you buy or download e-books from other sources and want to change them - but I am not an expert!

If you try it and and have any problems please let me know - feedback is always welcome to help others :D

Pauline
29-07-2012, 02:47 PM
If you do any of your eBooks in pdf Sarah your customers can easily send them to the Kindle via their Kindle email address. Just attach as a normal email and off it goes.

I've done lots of recipes like that so I have them on my Kindle when we are away. :thumbsup:

Donkey
29-07-2012, 09:36 PM
if you have a tablet you should be able to connect to pc and then drag and drop onto tablet...

guess what I will be doing tmrw evening!!!

SandCastles
21-08-2012, 07:42 AM
If you do any of your eBooks in pdf Sarah your customers can easily send them to the Kindle via their Kindle email address. Just attach as a normal email and off it goes.

I've done lots of recipes like that so I have them on my Kindle when we are away. :thumbsup:

That is exactly what I have done with the new practice guidance and will be doing for all my pdf's - you seem to have a lot of space on a Kindle Touch for lots of files and books, Never thought about putting my 'self catering' recipe book on it, I took both on my hols, would have saved me some space.
Thanks Pauline for the idea.

loocyloo
21-08-2012, 07:08 PM
my kindle has all my EYFS stuff on it!

all i have found though is, that you can't enlarge some things to read them! ( but offhand, i can't remember what! )