PDA

View Full Version : New EYFS observations and learning journeys

kat27
27-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

I know you're all sick of people asking about the revised EYFS, I registered in March 2012 so should be due my first graded inspection in Sept or possibly before, I understand all the observations at the moment and how to link etc and have learning journeys in place.

I've read through the revised copy and to be honest i'm gettng myself in a mess lol! Does anyone know exactly how I am going to have to change my obs, learning journeys and all about me form? The new EYFS briefing we had was rubbish!!! no questions were answered and our local authority isn't putting training on.

Just feel a little lost being newly registered, like having the rug pulled from under my feet :panic:

So sorry for waffling. Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Thanks a very embarrassed Kat :blush:
xx

Trouble
27-07-2012, 10:58 AM
you ll have to bear with me its been a while but

if baby a was 12 months you would used the 3 headings on their work including planning daily etc LJ OBS and other but if they are over i think you would used all the headings

does that make sense?:idea:

miss mopple
27-07-2012, 11:19 AM
It won't change much, but as trouble said, for under 3's you will mostly be linking in to the 3 prime areas. As the children get older they will progress more and you will link in to the other 4 areas as well.

Sarah has kindly put a play plan and obs doc in the downloads section that looks really good :thumbsup:

blue bear
27-07-2012, 03:16 PM
What does your obs look like now?
In September they will be 7 areas instead of 6 and some of the titles change slightly. So it's a minimum change.
I'd start with that simple change and build on from there rather than trying to do the whole lot at once. For my new ones I've started using the new development matters and to begin with kept the change simple but will develop the way I work over time.

PixiePetal
27-07-2012, 04:06 PM
I am doing my LJs much the same way as now but under 7 rather than the current 6 headings.

I have 2 new children starting next week - only 2 days a week so will start initial obs on the new format so by Sept I should have a good idea of where they are at on the development sheets.

with a few tweeks on my policies I will take it from there and do the rest as we go.

sarah707
27-07-2012, 04:24 PM
There are some ideas for layouts in free downloads at the top of the forum which will hopefully inspire you :D