PDA

View Full Version : My annual leave so far ...

jelly15
26-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Yesterday DH came back from a short break in the Lake District, what a beautiful part of the British Isles! But.... while most of the rest of the country was basking in a mini heatwave it rained most of the time we were at the lakes.

DH and I were hoping to walk up Scafell Pike but we were advised against it so we hired a little motor boat on Lake Windemere instead. My biggest fear is spiders and what crawled out from the corner of the boat? Yup, a big hairy monster :eek:. We had no life jackets and we were in the middle of the widest part (mile wide) and the lake is over 200 feet deep and DH had to stop me from jumping overboard. He managed to catch the ******* and throw it over instead.

Today I spring cleaned the house and after our trip we are a bit strapped for cash so I have no money to go out and about plus all my friends, DH and DSs are back in work. So any ideas for what I can do for the rest of my two weeks off?

The Juggler
26-07-2012, 09:40 PM
put your feet up and chill, visit a couple of museums, go to country parks (just parking fees), if weather nice, head for the beach. :)

Trouble
26-07-2012, 11:40 PM
I live in that beautiful part of England, and we have 1 day of sunshine in weeks:eek::eek::(

Im sorry the weather was horrible, i hope it doesnt put you off coming here again :panic:

I'm happy you didn't go up the pike as the lake district is very beautiful but can be so dangerous at the drop of a hat:eek:

big hugs

Roseolivia
27-07-2012, 06:55 AM
Yesterday DH came back from a short break in the Lake District, what a beautiful part of the British Isles! But.... while most of the rest of the country was basking in a mini heatwave it rained most of the time we were at the lakes.

DH and I were hoping to walk up Scafell Pike but we were advised against it so we hired a little motor boat on Lake Windemere instead. My biggest fear is spiders and what crawled out from the corner of the boat? Yup, a big hairy monster :eek:. We had no life jackets and we were in the middle of the widest part (mile wide) and the lake is over 200 feet deep and DH had to stop me from jumping overboard. He managed to catch the ******* and throw it over instead.

Today I spring cleaned the house and after our trip we are a bit strapped for cash so I have no money to go out and about plus all my friends, DH and DSs are back in work. So any ideas for what I can do for the rest of my two weeks off?

We were on one of those boats a few years ago and the biggest wasp i've ever seen came into the boat, i was so tempted to jump ship but i also hate being in water where there's fish plus i'm not a great swimmer and would have sunk.