PDA

View Full Version : Put through expenses??

Kirsty90
26-07-2012, 08:09 PM
This might be a really stupid question but I just want to double check.I currently still work part time in an office and at the end of this month I will get my annual bonus :D

I am going to spend the majority of this on things for my childminding business such as a new double pushchair etc. Am I still OK to put the things I buy through as an expense even though its not with money I've earned from childminding?

Thanks

Kirsty xx

joannetalbot
26-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Absolutely !! It doesn't really matter where the money comes from, if you are buying things for your business then yes, you can put them down as an expenditure.

I frequently spend my husband's money on things for the children:laughing: but just because I haven't earnt it doesn't mean I can't put it through my books :D

Jo x

ajc
26-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Hi Kirsty,yes absolutely anything you buy to set up your business put through on your expenses, when starting from scratch I recommend visiting lots of car boots/nursery sales etc you can pick up some great bargains, x

Kirsty90
26-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Thank you for replies! I thought it would be OK but I just wanted to double check. Car boot for me on Sunday!:D