PDA

View Full Version : starting point parent questions?

xx79xx
26-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Hi
I'm fairly new to the forum and new to childminding although i have experience working with children, My first mindees are due to start at the end of August, and I am spending a stupid ampunt of time on paperwork already!! I'm in the process of developing an all about me form and want to gather information from parents for the childs starting point without totally freaking them out and without having a huge list! anyway I could really do with a bit of help as im going round and round in circles :(
Thanks
Trish

loocyloo
26-07-2012, 05:32 PM
have a look on the bromley childminders association website. lots of good stuff on there :D

nikki thomson
26-07-2012, 05:37 PM
I give parents the all about me booklet I do before children start, they fill it in and they give it to me on there first day along with a picture to put on the front, always worked for me. X

xx79xx
26-07-2012, 06:27 PM
cant find anything on the bromley site can anyone point me in the right direction?
Trish

xx79xx
26-07-2012, 08:54 PM
I have got a all about me book, I wanted to ask the parents questions about their childs development? or should I wait untiol they start to assess the starting point?
Trish

Sarahbelle
26-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Hi there

My all about me sheet has on it:

My family are
My friends are
I can do
What toys, activities, books I like
What I need help with
What I like to eat
What I like to drink
My rountine is
I get upset when
Any Other info I might find useful.

I hope this helps.

sarah707
28-07-2012, 02:59 PM
I have got a all about me book, I wanted to ask the parents questions about their childs development? or should I wait untiol they start to assess the starting point?
Trish

You should do both - include some questions about child's past experiences / likes and dislikes / what they know etc in the 'all about me'.

Then when you are writing initial obs involve parents in filling in the gaps / telling you stories about child's home learning.

Hth :D

Boris
28-07-2012, 07:41 PM
I use an all about me book too. PM me and I'll email it you if you like xx