PDA

View Full Version : safeguarding-camera and mobile phone

sam411
26-07-2012, 08:20 AM
Hi, I know from September we have to have something about camera and mobile phone use in our safeguarding, just wondering what we have to actually put and does it need to be in the safeguarding policy or in its own policy, if that makes sense? Thanks. Also could someone remind me of who we have to contact/register with in order to take photos and load them on the comp, I can't find my paperwork with that bit on. Thanks again.

sarah707
26-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Hi, I know from September we have to have something about camera and mobile phone use in our safeguarding, just wondering what we have to actually put and does it need to be in the safeguarding policy or in its own policy, if that makes sense? Thanks.

This is the Eyfs wording -

3.4 Providers must be alert to any issues for concern in the child’s life at home or elsewhere. Providers must have and implement a policy, and procedures, to safeguard children. These should be in line with the guidance and procedures of the relevant Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB). The safeguarding policy and procedures must include an explanation of the action to be taken in the event of an allegation being made against a member of staff, and cover the use of mobile phones and cameras in the setting.

Also could someone remind me of who we have to contact/register with in order to take photos and load them on the comp, I can't find my paperwork with that bit on. Thanks again.

www.ico.gov.uk - the information commissioners office

Hope this helps :D