PDA

View Full Version : Returning to childminding?

Alz79
25-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Hi everyone, I set up my childminding business in late 2009 however, due to my husbands job relocation and pregnancy I had to wind up my business after going on maternity for a year as I couldn't continue it for various reasons. We have been renting ever since, but now are considering buying another home here so I am thinking of retuning back to childminding when we do. does anyone know whether I would have to retrain in everything? I don't mind if I do, but just wanted to ask the question really.

Thanks

Alzharris

keri
25-07-2012, 08:17 PM
You probably will, I moved from London to the Midlands and the Local Authority required me to attend their own courses and although I was disappointed I had to re-do what I had already done, I actually learnt more this time round as I already had a better idea of what they were talking about!!! :thumbsup:

Hopefully it won't take as long this time round. My longest process was my health declaration booklet as I was waiting for my notes to be transferred from my old doctors!

Good luck with the re-registration.

Glitter
26-07-2012, 04:53 AM
I have just done my local authority training course. It would probably be easier for you to do the training again as the EYFS is changing from September. Even though I work with the EYFS every day, I found it interesting to be taught the new version by the tutors. It was a good way to find out what has changed.

Kiddleywinks
26-07-2012, 06:51 AM
Did you resign your registration with ofsted when you stopped in 2009?

If you didn't, you can just let them know you're ready to start again, get you first aid up to date etc

If you did, then you'll need to contact your local authority and do the whole registration process from scratch

Good luck :thumbsup:

Alz79
27-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Thanks for your replies everyone. Pretty sure I resigned my registration with Ofsted, but I MIT just give them a call just to check. I I've contacted my local council so will see about starting training again.

I have a much larger family now than I did then so dont really want to mind full time and was thinking of doing seperate term time and school holiday contracts, rather than full time ones, do you think there would be any call for that?

Thanks