PDA

View Full Version : Care Confusion from Sept 2012

lorettacritchet
25-07-2012, 06:53 AM
I am again a little confused with the revised EYFS and caring for children.

On one of the documents i read it says "children aged four and five and or school holidays may be cared for at same time as three young children"

My question is during the holidays I have a "holiday only" girl and my usual children who I care for throughout the year. If my total ofsted allowance is a total of 3 children under the age of 5 (without an assistant but 4 with an assistant) have I interpreted that the above paragraph says that I would be allowed to look after three usual kids plus the child who is holiday only without an assistant? or would I still need to remain within my usual allowance numbers? All the kids would be under the age of 5.....Sorry if not explained properly.

The Juggler
25-07-2012, 07:16 AM
ok i got a little confused there :laughing::laughing:

not sure of the ages of your own children honey but in summary you can have

a total of 6 children under 8 years which includes 3 children under 5 and this WILL include your own children if they fall into this age group.

You can have more children over the age of 8. Hope that helps :)

rickysmiths
25-07-2012, 12:25 PM
I am again a little confused with the revised EYFS and caring for children.

On one of the documents i read it says "children aged four and five and or school holidays may be cared for at same time as three young children"

My question is during the holidays I have a "holiday only" girl and my usual children who I care for throughout the year. If my total ofsted allowance is a total of 3 children under the age of 5 (without an assistant but 4 with an assistant) have I interpreted that the above paragraph says that I would be allowed to look after three usual kids plus the child who is holiday only without an assistant? or would I still need to remain within my usual allowance numbers? All the kids would be under the age of 5.....Sorry if not explained properly.

You can have an extra under five year old as long as they are in full time school so they have to be attending 10 sessions a week (morning and afternoon) For example a child who may have been in reception this last school year but is not 5yrs until the 31st August you may care for them in the summer holidays along with 3 other Early Years under fives as long as your total numbers on your own never go over 6. This is exactly the same as it is now.

The Juggler
25-07-2012, 12:43 PM
You can have an extra under five year old as long as they are in full time school so they have to be attending 10 sessions a week (morning and afternoon) For example a child who may have been in reception this last school year but is not 5yrs until the 31st August you may care for them in the summer holidays along with 3 other Early Years under fives as long as your total numbers on your own never go over 6. This is exactly the same as it is now.

yes, sorry OP I forgot to answer that part. As Ricky says above.

lorettacritchet
25-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Ohhhhh I must be mad then I didn't know that.I was told by the inspector or rather from what I understood she said was that I could have three in the EYFS and 2 between the ages of 5 to 8 so long as they were out of the EYFS so to speak ie after 31st August. Hence the confusion with this, say for example I have a few holidays coming up where the holiday care girl who is four but in full time education is there but am technically up to my allowance without her ie having 3 in the EYFS including my own kid, can i still cater for her?

rickysmiths
25-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Ohhhhh I must be mad then I didn't know that.I was told by the inspector or rather from what I understood she said was that I could have three in the EYFS and 2 between the ages of 5 to 8 so long as they were out of the EYFS so to speak ie after 31st August. Hence the confusion with this, say for example I have a few holidays coming up where the holiday care girl who is four but in full time education is there but am technically up to my allowance without her ie having 3 in the EYFS including my own kid, can i still cater for her?

If you have three in EYFS you can have up to 3 more (including your own) aged 5-8 and all three of these could be only 4yrs old as long as they are all currently in full time education, 10 sessions a week because if they are they are counted as 5 year olds.

However we do still have to do EYFS with them until the 31st of August after their 5th birthday until 31st Aug 2012. After the 1st Sept 2012 we don't have to do EYFS with them because school is deemed the main deliver of EYFS and we only count as wrap around care and don't have to do it.

Clear as mud isn't it.!!! Wait till they change everything in another 4 years :laughing:

Have you done your Revised EYFS Training yet?

lorettacritchet
26-07-2012, 07:58 AM
No, not done training yet, I really should get myself into gear but for various reasons haven't managed to do any online or face to face meetings. Have read all the documents which can get but that's it.

Oh god if I understand you correctly, I have lost out on a lot of business!! I understood it to be I was entitled to 3 EYFS including my own 3 year old daughter and if a child hadn't reached the over 5 stage then I would have to include them in the EYFS numbers.....hmmmm....

So hang on if I had a full time in education child for after school and/or during holidays and I already had three in the EYFS (being my full numbers allowed), I would still be able look after the full time child without counting them in the EYFS figure and without an assistant?

If you have three in EYFS you can have up to 3 more (including your own) aged 5-8 and all three of these could be only 4yrs old as long as they are all currently in full time education, 10 sessions a week because if they are they are counted as 5 year olds.

However we do still have to do EYFS with them until the 31st of August after their 5th birthday until 31st Aug 2012. After the 1st Sept 2012 we don't have to do EYFS with them because school is deemed the main deliver of EYFS and we only count as wrap around care and don't have to do it.

Clear as mud isn't it.!!! Wait till they change everything in another 4 years :laughing:

sarah707
26-07-2012, 09:11 AM
Oh god if I understand you correctly, I have lost out on a lot of business!! I understood it to be I was entitled to 3 EYFS including my own 3 year old daughter and if a child hadn't reached the over 5 stage then I would have to include them in the EYFS numbers.....hmmmm....

No, your own 3 year old is part of the 3 under 5 normal ratio.

A child is classed as under 5 until they go into full time 10 sessions a week school (not settling in / pre-school etc)

So hang on if I had a full time in education child for after school and/or during holidays and I already had three in the EYFS (being my full numbers allowed), I would still be able look after the full time child without counting them in the EYFS figure and without an assistant?

Yes that would work... 3 under 5 plus a full time school child

Hope that helps :D

lorettacritchet
03-08-2012, 07:56 PM
If I had an assistant working with me on certain days from sept would I be allowed to up the EYFS figure? ie rather than having 3 after school children, have two instead? At the moment certificate says I can have four EYFS kids as long as have an assistant working with me?