PDA

View Full Version : Recording/Log

lorettacritchet
25-07-2012, 06:45 AM
Not sure if on the right section, but I have been allowed an extra child as long as i have an assistant with me. Firstly how do I prove I had an assistant that day?
In particular my husband is an assistant but only when he isn't working, he happened to be home one day that I would have technically been over my numbers if I was alone. How do I show that he was at home during this particular day? All parents have given permission for him to help out as an assistant etc so that's not an issue, it's more to show Ofsted he was around and that I wasn't over my numbers?
I know if I had an assistant other than my husband that I would log when she was in and out but surely that would be different for my hubbie?

sarah707
25-07-2012, 06:51 AM
You should put together an assistant attendance register and your assistant signs in and out when they are working with you.

I suppose a lot of it is done on trust :D

lorettacritchet
25-07-2012, 06:54 AM
Yeah I have done that for my assistant who doesn't live with me, I was more wondering whether my hubbie needs to do the same?

You should put together an assistant attendance register and your assistant signs in and out when they are working with you.

I suppose a lot of it is done on trust :D

sarah707
25-07-2012, 06:59 AM
It doesn't matter who the assistant is! It could be your teenager, your husband or a woman down the road - they need to sign an attendance register.

if they are left alone with children (up to 2 hours is ok FROM SEPTEMBER with THE revised EYFS) they must have first aid.

Hth :D

miffy
25-07-2012, 07:04 AM
Yeah I have done that for my assistant who doesn't live with me, I was more wondering whether my hubbie needs to do the same?

If you don't keep a record then you can't prove whether he was there (and acting as your assistant) or not.

I don't know if it's a requirement for him to sign an attendance record but you should be able to tell who was acting as your assistant if needed, say if someone made a complaint against you for example.

Miffy xx