PDA

View Full Version : How to entertain 6 year old girl on long journey

Chattie
24-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Hi everyone. Dont know if posted in the right place but not sure where to put it. When we go on holiday we have a long car journey and i'm in the process of making up a fun bag for my 6 year old daughter I am looking for ideas of what to put in. So far I have a colouring sheet of the beach, wordsearches I have made relavent to the holiday, a maze I have found I am thinking of getting her to look for something beginning with each letter of the alphabet and i'm making a list of things to look for but my mind is blank of what we will see on the motorway except for cars! Any ideas would be great. Thanx.

sarah707
24-07-2012, 05:39 PM
A DVD player or similar on a hand held computer... some books to read... i spy can take a long time!

Good luck :D

Mouse
24-07-2012, 07:07 PM
We used to download story CDs for our daughter to listen to. She'd have her headphones on & happily sit listening to a story...giving us some peace & quiet!

Chattie
24-07-2012, 08:12 PM
She has a dvd player but it wont enertain her for long she needs to be doing constantly! Thanks for suggestions. Anyone got ideas of what I can put on list of things to see on motorway?

cathtee
24-07-2012, 09:07 PM
when mine were little we use do do alphabet games start at a and think of a girls name and go through to z then do boy names, we used to really enjoy this game and with so many different nationalities at our schools now kids came up with names we had never heard of.

katieanna
25-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Lorry with cereal or crisps on it, caravans, cars with bikes attached, steady Eddie lorries, horses, cows, trains going past, limousines, car with roof racks, AA vans, police cars, breakdown trucks, churches, wind turbines etc etc etc...
Try googling car bingo, I think the AA website might have games on it.
Why don't you get some blank paper and suggest something for your daughter to draw on each sheet such as....draw your best friend, draw your favourite moshi monster
Can you tell I've done lots of journeys with little ones!!

Chattie
26-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Thank you all suggestions are brilliant and will be used :)