PDA

View Full Version : Ncma paperwork

JoRo163
24-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Is it really necessary to use all of their paperwork, or can I create my own? I have already created my own child details form, all about me form and permissions etc and it does include all the legal requirements. But I've just ordered a set of everything from the ncma, just to see what the difference is. The format is obviously a lot more formal, but it does work out considerably more expensive as there's only 6 forms in each pack.

I will be using the contracts, but I'm just wondering if I can use my own forms for the other info. What do you think?

Also, woul you do one combined contract for twins or siblings, or a contract per child?

Thanks!!!

EmmaReed84
24-07-2012, 09:18 AM
With regards to contracts for siblings, they need their own contract... they are two children after all lol. Also if you need to use a page each for the register, you can't put them on the same page... MIL did this and got a bit of a telling off from Ofsted... Ooops.

I use all their record forms, simply because it is easier for me and means I don't have to create more paper work then I already have. I am not sure what the legalities are regarding use your own record forms and mixing them up with NCMA contracts... in case you do miss something off... I am sure someone will be along to answer that aspect of it lol

rickysmiths
24-07-2012, 10:10 AM
I use the NCMA Contracts, Attendance Register and Accounts book. I do my own record forms because I have more information than NCMA include.

lozzy23
24-07-2012, 11:13 AM
I only use the NCMA contracts and all my other paperwork is done by myself, tailored to my own business.

lizzie23
24-07-2012, 02:16 PM
I use NCMA contracts and medication/accident book, everything else I have tailor made myself (used to use NCMA stuff so just adapted it to my business).......have made my own 'all about me' forms and attendance register etc and i have been inspected twice using my own stuff and ofsted have been happy with it all.... and for accounts i have made a spreadsheet based on the NCMA accounts book but much easier to use as it adds the columns up for you as you go.

JoRo163
24-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Thanks everyone! I think I'll go with the ncma contracts, attendance register and accounts and then use my own.

So glad to have someone to ask!!!