PDA

View Full Version : Cat

teacake2
23-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Just got back from the emergency vets, one of my cats has been run over (the one in the picture), he is in a right state, his left eye is hanging out, his jaw is either dislocated or broken, his nose might be broken and there is not much response in his right eye.
Just needed to vent it out, mixed feelings at the moment, worried sick about the cat, but at the same time really angry that he has been run over, I only live in a very small cul de sac and everyone knows about my cats.:censored::censored:
Teacake2

BucksCM
23-07-2012, 11:09 PM
sending hugs :group hug:
I hope the vet can put him back together.
Maybe a neighbour saw something?

ajs
23-07-2012, 11:25 PM
That's awful, sending gentle hugs to your cat. I would be devastated if anything happened to ours he's one of the family, in fact I sometimes love him more than the dh.

I hope the cat is ok and the bill not too horrendous for you

AliceK
24-07-2012, 10:12 AM
oh no, poor little thing. How is he this morning. Does the vet think he will pull through? You must be so upset.
Sending loads of hugs your way ((((( )))))

xxxxx

lozzy23
24-07-2012, 11:09 AM
:group hug: that is terrible, sending hugs to your family and your poorly cat. xxx

Jods
24-07-2012, 12:09 PM
:group hug: aw!! no GWS puss x

Two Princesses
24-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Sending big hugs too :group hug:
I'm a 'cat person' too and in just over 2 years we have lost 3 of our 4. Last weekend we lost the most recent one and it's so quiet without him :( He (Seymour) used to do the school run with us and then sit on the corner of our road waiting for a fuss from the school children who all knew his name. He once came all the way to the nursery room door to pick up my DD :D
I hope he's not in too much pain and they can give you some good news soon x

nell57
24-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Hope all is okay:group hug:

I paid out £300 last week on my cat, having 6 teeth out, that were badly infected and some people commented they wouldn't pay it. But to see her with so much energy this week, I couldnt even put a price on how much I'd pay to make er better!

jaswinder bedi
24-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Sending you :group hug: hope this gives you some positive hopes.:littleangel:

zillervalley
24-07-2012, 05:36 PM
ah Bless brought tears to my eyes

i know how you feel I have had two cats knocked down

hope puss soon cats better x

sarah707
24-07-2012, 05:43 PM
I hope the vet has been able to help you. Hugs xx

teacake2
24-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Unfortunately I have had to have him put to sleep tonight, his jaw was broken in half down the middle and then on the left side was in lots of pieces, his right eye was damaged too although not like the one that was hanging out, he would have had to be sent to another area for a major operation to have his jaw rewired, with no guarantee it would work, his nose put back together, the eye operations and he would permanently have to be fed by a tube, so we all talked it through and decided that it was better for him to let him go and not put him through any more, the vet said he would be in so much pain so the decision was quite easy in the end for his sake. His sister is going round the house looking for him, and the two pugs we have have gone into shut off mode because they don't know where he is and of course when we got back from the vets they could smell him on me where I cuddled him.
Sorry for being so morbid but just needed to get it of my chest and I know you would understand.
Thank you
Teacake2

WibbleWobble
24-07-2012, 07:16 PM
oh teacake i am so sorry.

I cannot put into words how sorry i am.

as a cat mummy myself i have some idea of where you are tonight...

sending big hugs and lots of love

mandy xxxx

Beaka
24-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Soo sorry to hear that but you have done the right thing for him. Doesn't make it any easier for you though and it is very sad. Thinking of you :( xx

nell57
24-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Sorry to hear your news, take comfort from the fact he's not in pain anymore:group hug:

mushpea
24-07-2012, 07:27 PM
really sorry to hear your news,, we had one of ours put down not so long ago and although we know it was the right decision we still felt awful and the house seemed empty for ages even though we still have a house full of critters.
at least he is at peace and not in pain now

lozzy23
24-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Oh I am so sorry, I was really hoping he would pull through. I was thinking about him and you all day. So very very sorry. xxx

Two Princesses
24-07-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm so sorry :(
Thinking of you x

teacake2
25-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Thank you all for your very kind words, I knew you would all understand how I was feeling. I will try and put some photos of him on so you can see why he was so special. The mindees adored him and he couldn't wait for them to come in the morning and play with them.
Teacake2

AliceK
25-07-2012, 08:40 AM
I'm so sorry. It was the right decision though even though it's sad, bless him.
One of my cats is 17 and deaf and a bit senile so I don't let him go out the front anymore. He doesn't tend to go far now spends his days on the back patio.

Sending you hugs :group hug:

xxxx

Bridey
25-07-2012, 03:24 PM
I am so, so sorry. In the last 12 months I have lost my dog and one of my cats. However, they were both very old and it wasn't a surprise when the time came for each one. I cannot imagine how hard it must have been for you to say goodbye under such shocking and tragic circumstances :(

Pipsqueak
25-07-2012, 04:55 PM
I am so sorry.

Its heartbreaking, whilst we are dog owners, I still adore cats (had cats and dogs and a whole menagerie growing up) and regardless of the species a pet is member of the family.

:group hug:

wendywu
25-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Teacake i am so sorry. Poor puss.

I have only lost one cat through a car accident ( all the rest were ill health and old age ) and its horrid , i somehow felt that i had let her down, its my job to keep my family safe, strange logic i know.

Just keep his memory close xxxxxxxxx

Carol M
25-07-2012, 06:28 PM
So sorry :(:(
Carol xx