PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for a lovely day in London!

Playmate
21-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Had a fab day in London, so lovely to meet new people and great to catch up with the one's I already knew. The Sun shined, we had great food and the company was bril! we were even quite well behaved so we may be abe to go back next year and do it all again ;) I didn't take many photos, but many were snapping away so I'm sure someone will be along soon with some pics.

Thank you forum friends :D

rickysmiths
21-07-2012, 09:08 PM
You just beat me to it!!!!!!

Yes it was a fab day. Putting faces to names and meeting old friends.

Cream tea for lunch followed by an enormous ice cream in Covent Garden for pudding. Then we went for a slow walk over a bridge to the south bank and some went for a ride on the Eye while the rest of us sat and chatted and watched the street players.

Then a short bus ride and we all met up for a meal before home.

Thank Everyone. :clapping::clapping:

Oh yes pics will follow.

The Juggler
21-07-2012, 09:14 PM
thank you SOO MUCH for organising it Ricky. I had so much fun trying to remember everyone's real names vs forum names.

was a lovely afternoon/evening. and lovely to meet everyone. can't wait to see the pics. hope everyone got home safely xx

Blue Boy
21-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Had a great day meeting old and new friends. Hope having a man in tow didn't hamper your day.

The Juggler
21-07-2012, 09:22 PM
didn't hamper us at all, and Blueboy you looked like a man who was more than used to entertaining so many women ;):p

rickysmiths
21-07-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed it, it was fun and I'm off to bed in a min I am shattered. :laughing:

BucksCM
21-07-2012, 10:06 PM
A lovely day!
I'm knackered but SOOO glad I came up and met you all.
I did get confused with names in the end!:blush:
Can't wait for next year's met up!!

Oh and yes...thank you to RS for organising it all(did say on another thread but didn't want you to think I hadn't said it if you don't read the other thread....OK...I'm waffling..........)

nell57
21-07-2012, 10:20 PM
I've had a really lovely day too, great to meet up with friends old and new.

Thank you RS for organising the day, we wouldn't of seen as much as we did if we'd been on our own:panic:

Also thank you Juggler for seeing us right on the tube, you're a star:thumbsup:

Looking forward to next time :D

charleyfarley
21-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Thank you to you all for making our day so lovely :clapping:

It was fab to meet you all and put a face to a name :thumbsup: Thanks RS for organising it :clapping: and thanks to you Juggler for making sure we got on the right tube.

The food was good, the shopping was fab and the company was great.:clapping:

See you again next year :thumbsup:

Carol xx

Penny1959
21-07-2012, 10:23 PM
Thank you RS for organising the day. I have had a fantastic day and it was lovely to be able to chat to different people at different times of the day. I did get a bit confused with names but think I got it sorted by end of day.

now at Stormy,s house and about to turn in for night - thank you so much Stormy and Rosie for putting Carol and myself up for the night.

Penny x

FussyElmo
22-07-2012, 08:31 AM
Yes totally agree thanks RS for organising it and as Nell and Charleyfarley said a big thank you to Juggler for getting us on the tube.

Lovely day and I got to go in choccywoccydoodah :clapping::clapping::clapping: my dd is still jealous :)

Lovely to meet you all :thumbsup:

toddlers896
22-07-2012, 10:37 AM
I also had a fab day. Ime still talking about it now. Thanks to everybody that organised it and it was great to meet you all and put faces to names x
Roll on next year :clapping:

Ive attached a photox

PixiePetal
22-07-2012, 10:40 AM
was too shattered last night to post, fell asleep watching tv on my bed and had to get up for a shower and get into bed!

A fab day, weather great again. So pleased to at last meet up with FussyElmo - and that we found choccywoccydoodah :clapping: and nell57 and charleyfarley too :thumbsup:

Great to meet a few other new faces and old friends, good food (ice cream :D) and I managed not to get lost and get the right train home!

Here's to next year - unless there's Christmas shopping to be done first?!

FussyElmo
22-07-2012, 10:58 AM
was too shattered last night to post, fell asleep watching tv on my bed and had to get up for a shower and get into bed!

A fab day, weather great again. So pleased to at last meet up with FussyElmo - and that we found choccywoccydoodah :clapping: and nell57 and charleyfarley too :thumbsup:

Great to meet a few other new faces and old friends, good food (ice cream :D) and I managed not to get lost and get the right train home!

Still excited about choccywoccydoodah dd is soooooo jealous but I have promised her we will go :D Lovely to meet you too :clapping::clapping:

rickysmiths
22-07-2012, 12:28 PM

But Jen you watched me do mine yesterday :laughing:

Could be an idea and and excuse for another ice cream :thumbsup:

charleyfarley
22-07-2012, 12:47 PM
We are definately going to London as a family, my 2 are so looking forward to it but I'm sure I can squeeze another trip in with the lovely people I met yesterday :clapping:

RS you are exactly how I imagined, such a lovely, friendly lady :) I have a lovely photo of you and your ice cream :D

Carol xx

Bananabrain
22-07-2012, 01:36 PM
I also had a fab day. Ime still talking about it now. Thanks to everybody that organised it and it was great to meet you all and put faces to names x

Ive attached a photox

Thankyou for posting photo.
I'm the only one not looking at the camera.
Now the world will never know how stunningly attractive I am:D

Playmate
22-07-2012, 01:51 PM

Ah but we do Louise :D

.......and Christmas sounds great, however I would say the Xmas markets are better in Birmingham and as that would be nearer for some, might be worth considering :D

charleyfarley
22-07-2012, 02:02 PM

.......and Christmas sounds great, however I would say the Xmas markets are better in Birmingham and as that would be nearer for some, might be worth considering :D

Birmingham for Xmas sounds great and London again in the summer next year, something to look forward to :clapping::clapping:

Carol xx

Bananabrain
22-07-2012, 02:17 PM

Birmingham sounds fab!
I have a parent who is German and she said Birmingham is def the best in GB.
Was gonna go last year but didn't get there.

funemnx
22-07-2012, 02:24 PM
We all had such a lovely day - lots of sunshine and giggles. My grandaughter Lola says that she had a lovely 'party' and has taken lots if interesting photo's :laughing::laughing: I'll have a go at putting some of them up tomorrow :thumbsup:

I always mean to remember all your proper names and forget by the next morning but it was lovely to meet up and we're looking forward to Birmingham at Christmas and London next year - thankyou Rickysmiths for organising us! :D

PixiePetal
22-07-2012, 02:26 PM
We all had such a lovely day - lots of sunshine and giggles. My grandaughter Lola says that she had a lovely 'party' and has taken lots if interesting photo's :laughing::laughing: I'll have a go at putting some of them up tomorrow :thumbsup:

I always mean to remember all your proper names and forget by the next morning but it was lovely to meet up and we're looking forward to Birmingham at Christmas and London next year - thankyou Rickysmiths for organising us! :D

those pics are going to be interesting! she looked like she was having fun and what a cutie :thumbsup:

Playmate
22-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Birmingham sounds fab!
I have a parent who is German and she said Birmingham is def the best in GB.
Was gonna go last year but didn't get there.

great Louise, travelling partner sorted ;)

Carol M
22-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Just got home!
Amazing weekend,meeting new faces and seeing friends again, it really does feel like a family get together.
Stormy and Rosie, thank you for welcoming us into your beautiful home and thank you RS for organising the day.
I have got to get to Choccywoccydodah next time.
Feet up now with a nice cold pear cider that DH had ready for me in the fridge, he has so missed me :D but only because he's been taxi service all weekend to our girls :D
Birmingham it is then :)
Carol xx

Pipsqueak
22-07-2012, 05:22 PM

Ive attached a photox

Great pix:clapping::clapping: - now please name yourselves.....

we'll post a pix of the motley North East Crew on Tuesday:D

Carol M
22-07-2012, 05:38 PM

Back row
Blueboy, me, FussyElmo,PixiePetal
Middle row
Penny1959, Nell57, Charleyfarley, Bucks CM(sitting) trac896, Playmate, Louise144.
Front row
Stormy, RS,Juggler, Funemnx and Lola
Carol xx

Pipsqueak
22-07-2012, 06:10 PM
oh wow - how smashing to put faces to names:clapping:

:D

Its funny, none of you look like I imagined.... I imagined you all pixelly!!!!! rofl

nell57
22-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Back row
Blueboy, me, FussyElmo,PixiePetal
Middle row
Penny1959, Nell57, Charleyfarley, Bucks CM(sitting) trac896, Playmate, Louise144.
Front row
Stormy, RS,Juggler, Funemnx and Lola
Carol xx

Well done you for remembering all those names:clapping: must admit I was struggling remembering who was who:o

rickysmiths
22-07-2012, 06:41 PM

Goodness that was a quick change of name. Luck we met you yesterday and know who you are!

BucksCM
22-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Goodness that was a quick change of name. Luck we met you yesterday and know who you are!

LOL! Wasn't it!! Took me a minute to work out who it was!!:D

nell57
22-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Same photo, different angle, taken by RS dd I think :thumbsup:

Carol M
22-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Lol, Think I was shouting OFSTED to make everyone smile ( not :laughing:)
Carol xx

charleyfarley
22-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Same photo, different angle, taken by RS dd I think :thumbsup:

Can't be she's sat down :D

But great photo :thumbsup:

I can't upload mine for some reason but some are on FB :thumbsup:

I'll keep trying on here though.

Carol xx

nell57
22-07-2012, 07:20 PM

Carol xx

Well she definitely had my camera to take the photo, so now I'm confused:laughing:

It took me ages to work out how to upload on here and couldn't for the life of me explain how I did it now:rolleyes:

cathtee
22-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Glad you all had a great day, sorry i missed it, Birmingham would be great German Market is great and the Hot Dogs are yumnmy.:)

FussyElmo
22-07-2012, 07:26 PM

Carol xx

It was RS who was sitting down, RS's dh and dd took some photos as did the poor waitress who had the fortune to deal with us :laughing::laughing::laughing:

toddlers896
22-07-2012, 07:31 PM
another photo x

Pipsqueak
22-07-2012, 07:58 PM
I LOVE that handbag

Stormy
22-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Just got home!
Amazing weekend,meeting new faces and seeing friends again, it really does feel like a family get together.
Stormy and Rosie, thank you for welcoming us into your beautiful home and thank you RS for organising the day.
I have got to get to Choccywoccydodah next time.
Feet up now with a nice cold pear cider that DH had ready for me in the fridge, he has so missed me :D but only because he's been taxi service all weekend to our girls :D
Birmingham it is then :)
Carol xx

Glad you got home ok, and you are welcome we enjoyed having you here :)
You did well to remember everyone
Glass of wine and off to bed I think I'm exhausted

funemnx
22-07-2012, 08:54 PM
I LOVE that handbag

It's gorgeous isn't it - That's my friend Sandra, I was hoping she'd leave it unattended! :laughing:

charleyfarley
22-07-2012, 09:15 PM
It's gorgeous isn't it - That's my friend Sandra, I was hoping she'd leave it unattended! :laughing:

I wanted that bag too but it never left her side :D

You'll have to ask her where she gotit from for us. How's her feet? Hope they've recovered now :thumbsup:

Carol xx

The Juggler
22-07-2012, 09:15 PM

where are you all meeting honey?

The Juggler
22-07-2012, 09:18 PM
I LOVE that handbag

its fab isn't it - and she had matching flip flops - we need to get that girl on the forum - funmx can you make her join please :laughing:

Pipsqueak
23-07-2012, 06:37 AM
where are you all meeting honey?

Preston Park in Stockton:D

Pipsqueak
23-07-2012, 06:38 AM

looks like several of us want dibs on it:D

toddlers896
24-07-2012, 06:43 AM
does anybody have any objections to me putting a photo on the ncma website. Tracy x

nell57
24-07-2012, 06:46 AM
does anybody have any objections to me putting a photo on the ncma website. Tracy x

That's fine with me :thumbsup:

The Juggler
24-07-2012, 07:27 AM

no worries at all hon x

rickysmiths
24-07-2012, 07:28 AM
No problem for me.

FussyElmo
24-07-2012, 07:45 AM
no worries :thumbsup:

Stormy
24-07-2012, 07:46 AM
Only as long as it shows my good side :)

funemnx
24-07-2012, 07:52 AM
No probs Tracy :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
24-07-2012, 10:25 AM
As long as it's decent! and hides most of me :)

Carol M
24-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Not a problem for me either :D
Carol xx

The Juggler
24-07-2012, 01:13 PM
As long as it's decent! and hides most of me :)

ooh yes, can we approve the picture first please :laughing: