PDA

View Full Version : New parent welcome pack

MrsP2C
19-07-2012, 06:49 PM
I'm just putting together a pack to give to prospective parents and wondered at what stage I would hand this over (ie when they first visit or wait until they've verbally agreed to use me?) . I'd also appreciate sone ideas about what is good to include. So far I've got:
1. Introduction to me, my family & the sort of things we'll get up to*
2. Child's information form (the basics such as name, address, doctor info, immunisations, allergies etc)
3. 'All about me' - child's likes, dislikes, routine, pet names etc
4. Fees & charges
5. Parental responsibility form
6. Sample menu
7. Settling in guide - a bit of blurb about settling in sessions, what to bring, handover of responsibility, tips for smooth drop-off/pick-up etc,

Then the bits I'm not sure about mainly due to cost of materials/printing are a contract & all my policies & permission forms (assuming they don't need copies of my RAs?)
What do you all have in yours?

sarah707
19-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Mine get paperwork in bits so they have a chance to digest one lot before I give them the next.

They get a welcome booklet first ... then P & Ps emailed... a copy of my latest newsletter...

They always do contract, permissions etc here so I can help if they get stuck with any questions. It also helps to make sure they are properly completed and not forgotten.

Hth :D

MrsP2C
19-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Thank you Sarah for your help (again!) much appreciated :D

jumping j
20-07-2012, 07:27 AM
I do a basic parents pack;
blurb about me, my family and my setting and my qualifications
prices
settling in guide
sample menu
daily routine
parents guide to EYFS if child is under 5
parents guide to ECaT as I'm doing the ELLP and I think parents should know a little bit about it
child record form

Then they sign contracts and permission forms here on their second visit and I point them in the direction of my P's and P's which are on my website or ask if they'd like them emails or printed off