PDA

View Full Version : Unsupportive Netmums?

EmmaReed84
18-07-2012, 09:24 AM
I never used forums before until I found this one and was amazed at just how lovely everyone was. Even when debating differing opinions generally everyone is respectful.

I signed up to Netmums and saw a whole other side... However not sure if this is what most forums are like, but I was shocked when I read a post about trolling... The poster said that the Mods on Netmums will delete the post because of "netiquette" and that PM's should never be discussed... even though this poster was concerned about vulnerable people getting attacked by PM's and trolls...

The next thing the post is deleted? Is that seriously how they deal with situations? They don't like a post so just delete it? No care for the poster or what they are posting about?

Apparently the response from a mod was "Ignore the troll, they will get bored" despite the vile messages... yet this person gets deleted?!?!?! :eek:

Pipsqueak
18-07-2012, 09:26 AM
biggest tip - don't take Netmums too seriously.

i certainly don't

like most hings on the net - you need to be discerning, careful and selective.

Personally I find Netmums for the most part my daily dose of hilarity

Bridey
18-07-2012, 09:28 AM
:huh: Can't say I'm the slightest bit bothered about what happens over there! I'm happy here - its safe and fluffy and nice ;)

EmmaReed84
18-07-2012, 09:30 AM
It is a shame, I do like their SEN section, being able to get advice... TBH I actually only went over there to see some of your posts lol.

Think I will stick to the safety here lol :D... Only go over "there" when I have you to cover me :thumbsup:

loopyloopy
18-07-2012, 10:46 AM
I think netmums is hilarious. Some of the comments crack me up, I quite often think I would like to live in the little air bubbles people seem to be in, then i snap back to normality and come in here. I use the term normality loosely :laughing:

Blaze
18-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Agree with everything said above ...Here will always be home!:)

rickysmiths
18-07-2012, 02:44 PM
You ought to try Mums Net if you think Net Mums is bad. They are expert Linguists over there :panic: :laughing::laughing:

Pipsqueak
18-07-2012, 05:54 PM
You ought to try Mums Net if you think Net Mums is bad. They are expert Linguists over there :panic: :laughing::laughing:

they are right blood suckers on that one!!
:laughing:

mrs robbie williams
18-07-2012, 05:58 PM
i use netmums purely for their nearly new board - i have been involved in some really nasty threads on there, it remind me of the jeremy kyle show and i think surely these people cant be serious !!!! this site is brilliant, always someone here to support and not criticise - YOU ARE ALL LOVELY
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: :clapping:

Playmate
18-07-2012, 07:54 PM
biggest tip - don't take Netmums too seriously.

i certainly don't

like most hings on the net - you need to be discerning, careful and selective.

Personally I find Netmums for the most part my daily dose of hilarity

Yep hilarity :laughing: I only go over there when our pip is winding them all up.....gives me such a laugh :D

I do advertise on the childcare board though, although don't know why as Ive neer had a serious customer from there :rolleyes:

PixiePetal
18-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Yep hilarity :laughing: I only go over there when our pip is winding them all up.....gives me such a laugh :D

I do advertise on the childcare board though, although don't know why as Ive neer had a serious customer from there :rolleyes:

Same here! when Pip is on a roll it's fantastic reading :laughing:

jumping j
19-07-2012, 06:12 AM
[QUOTE=Playmate;1131932]Yep hilarity :laughing: I only go over there when our pip is winding them all up.....gives me such a laugh :D
]QUOTE]

Me too I find it hilarious how some of them think, wish I was on their planet sometimes :laughing::laughing:

bunyip
19-07-2012, 08:49 AM
I can see why Netmums and CMs wouldn't get on. Over there they see no need for Cms, as our mindees should obviously be cleaning up chimneys, working the looms in the mill, or go straight to the workhouse. ;)

I loved the Netmums response to the Guardian's article about the Jubilee stewards who were paid starvation wages and made to sleep rough under London Bridge. People were posting that the story was clearly made up (because it was in the Guardian). An acquaintance of mine objected to this and was prompltly bombarded with PMs stating he should either "go back to Russia" or "be on trial for treason". He didn't know whether to laugh or cry. :eek:

md0u0131
19-07-2012, 09:27 AM
When I first signed up here I was already a member of a parenting forum (not mumsnet or netmums) and I had an awful experience, it was a small forum so everyone knew eachother very well, it turned out one girl had lied about everything - name, having a child, husband, various illness and sob stories etc. It nearly put me off for life. I've since left the other one as it all got really nasty but am glad I have come back here as it's very supportive! :)

rickysmiths
19-07-2012, 11:32 AM

Its interesting because I have had more customers from net mums than Childcare.co.uk they seem to be the biggest lot of time wasters ever.