PDA

View Full Version : Charging for older children

LauraS
17-07-2012, 11:15 PM
How do you charge for older children? I've had an enquiry for an eight year old who will obviously not 'count' in my numbers, for some holidays and training days. I'm perfectly willing to have an ad hoc 0 hours contract with some sort of advanced booking built in (just enough to allow me to plan in advance) but wondered what others would charge?

Do you charge less as the child is outwith your normal ratios? I realise that the child will cost more in terms of expenses, but it seems a bit cheeky to ask for my usual rate for holiday care for an older child.

To put it into context, holiday care here usually costs around half my usual rate for schoolchildren but is very hard to come by - I used to have to take my children to a club in a neighbouring town. The local club only charges £5 a day :eek: but runs 9am to 3pm so doesn't suit everyone.

The child, for various reasons, is likely to fit in well here.

What would you charge?

Mouse
18-07-2012, 06:11 AM
I charge the same rate for over 8s. It's never occurred to me not to and I'm not quite sure what's cheeky about it!

blue bear
18-07-2012, 06:14 AM
I charge normal rate and have a waiting list, if anything it costs more to have over 8's not less our after school club cost half of my daily rate but has tons of spaces.
You pay for quality.

rickysmiths
18-07-2012, 07:40 AM
I charge the same and it costs me more because they eat more and I have to pay to take them to places like the Aquarium.

Chimps Childminding
18-07-2012, 01:16 PM
I don't do over 8's but I would definately charge my normal fee!!!

mummyof3
18-07-2012, 01:18 PM
I charge my normal rate but to be honest I sometimes wish I could charge much more! They are harder work, eat more and cost more money to take out!!

singingcactus
18-07-2012, 01:29 PM
I charge £3 per hour to care for a child. Any child. Any age. Any ability. It's not cheeky, it's the rate you charge. Don't charge lower than your hourly rate!

:) I smile in case that sounded bossy lol.

CH1957
18-07-2012, 09:44 PM
I have been charging lower than my usual daily rate but I would like to charge more - as others have said they cost more in food etc. Unfortunately there are some holiday clubs round here that only cost £15 per day so parents expect CMs to be the same.