PDA

View Full Version : contact details

sam411
17-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Hi, I can't remember if it was on here or somewhere else, but someone said how they had a photo of each child and on the back all the contact details for that child, kept in a small photo album to take out for emergencies. I'm torn whether or not to do this, I think its a great idea if there was an accident etc and all the details with a photo of each child is there to help contact people, but then also I worry if my bag was stolen then all the photos and details are there. Am I overthinking things lol. Thanks :)

Kiddleywinks
17-07-2012, 06:30 PM
I have laminated business card size pics on a keyring so I can take the relevant details with me each day

On one side is the childs pic next to the text: I am with my childminder. In case of emergency please contact one or more of the people overleaf

On the other side I have the first names and contact number for that child.
I also state whether I do/don't have parental permission for first aid, and whether there are any known allergies.

rickysmiths
17-07-2012, 09:18 PM
It may have been me. I carry a small pocket photo album with me with a photo and slips with contact details and the days the child is usually with me.

It is always in my bag or pocket with my mobile.

Touch wood I have never lost it of the cards I carried for 14 years before that.

sam411
17-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Thank you for the replies, sounds like a good idea then, think I will do them with first name and contact info etc with photo. Yes rickysmiths think it must have been you, thank for the good idea then lol. Thanks!!!

hectors house
24-07-2012, 05:29 PM
I have a small credit card wallet with all contact details in - I also have in my car a sign that informs people that I am a childminder and if I'm in an accident to contact my husband who has emergency contact details for children. He has a spreadsheet at work of which children come on which days and the same contact details that I carry in my card wallet. The info is locked in his brief case and parents have signed to say they are happy for him to have this info.

sarah707
24-07-2012, 05:45 PM
I carry the children's emergency forms and print a small photo on the back of each one to take on outings with us.

I inform parents that I am going to do it and give them the option of not using the photo if they prefer.

I explain that if we were out and there were 6 children and me and I collapsed on the street or wasn't able to speak for the children then emergency services would need to know who was who - especially important if there is medication involved.

Hth :D