PDA

View Full Version : Blood pressure...

WibbleWobble
17-07-2012, 03:35 PM
is 160/100

even after putting up my tablets...

more tablets and more investigations to come.

:censored::censored::censored::censored:and a bit more :censored:

end of message

mandy x

Carol M
17-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Oh dear, a bit on the high side Mandy :(
Glad you are being monitored but I do understand your frustration.
Chill :)
Carol xx

WibbleWobble
17-07-2012, 04:01 PM
even the GP said i looked so much better now i have cut down the hours i work. I feel great but this BP thing is really getting me down.

GP is great and she has told me we will get it sorted and she wont stop until it is down and stable....she has said she is going to monitor me very closely.

She said that at 44 my BP needs to be very good as now my body wont cope with long term high BPs.....things dont "ping back" like they used to!

mandy xxxxxx

EmmaReed84
17-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Have you had any blood tests? What meds are you on?

WibbleWobble
17-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Have you had any blood tests? What meds are you on?

i have so many blood tests i have none left! and scans on my kidneys.

I am on Ramipril only now....i was on Amlodipine too but i was swelling. So another GP put me on Indapamide but that made me very ill. So back on the the Ramipril only. GP has put the dose up now to 10mg. Started at 2.5mg.

Funnily enough i feel better now than i have done for months....

funemnx
17-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Where's the dislike button? I know that there are literally hundreds of BP medications and it's a matter of finding something that works well but doesn't give you side effects - very frustrating for you! I hope you feel better soon xx

angeldelight
17-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Mine was higher :eek:It took ages to sort it out it's still really high sometimes even with medication.

You will get there Mandy but stressing is not really helping you ,you need to chill out a bit ....... Said from the expert NOT :laughing:

Hope they sort it soon

Hugs

Angel xxx

EmmaReed84
17-07-2012, 06:48 PM
How are your kidneys?

I am on 10mg Ramipril And the same as you, my BP would not come down at so I ended up with Irbesartan.

Now my BP on a bad day is 115/65 :clapping: (usually 110/60) pre meds I was at 160/110... But my BP is due to kidney disease.

WibbleWobble
17-07-2012, 07:38 PM
How are your kidneys?

I am on 10mg Ramipril And the same as you, my BP would not come down at so I ended up with Irbesartan.

Now my BP on a bad day is 115/65 :clapping: (usually 110/60) pre meds I was at 160/110... But my BP is due to kidney disease.

kidney function looks ok.....GP does regular tests on them as they had a wobble when i had pre eclampsia with both girls.

BP was great with the amlodipine but my ankles were always swollen and felt very heavy. GP has started me on a small amount of amitryptiline (sp) because i have very painful lower legs and feet. And i have restless leg syndrome. I must admit i have been very impressed with those tabs -nice comfy legs now.

The Juggler
17-07-2012, 09:09 PM
oh honey, for an ex-nurse you are not doing good :(

glad you are feeling better but insist they try other medication to sort this out. dh has high bp but has low cholesterol, and no other problems. its genetic.

he is otherwise very healthy. hope it gets sorted.xx