PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol and Drugs Policy ... Help needed!!

ZoeM
17-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Hello, I am currently (madly) writing policies before my pre-reg visit (I know I dont have to have them all before Mrs O's arrival, but I am trying to get ahead of the game!!

I have a question.... I am putting a statement in my policy that If I deem it unsafe for the child to go into the parents care when they come to collect then (due to drinking or drugs) I wont let them go home. I will keep them in my care until another responsible adult comes to collect them, failing that until I can contact social services.

Is this ok to put? I am guessing If I am that concerned about a childs welfare then I would ring social services and Ofsted anyway?

Thanks in advance :)

lovechildcare1
18-07-2012, 01:43 PM
i got the same policy. Its a tricky situation that one! We all want children to be safe whilst in our care so i dont think none of us would let a child go with someone if they were drunk/incapable. If we have concerns I don't see why it be a problem if we ask for another responsible person to collect. or why we can't inform nform ofsted/social services

Mind you im a newbie to all this so dont take my word for it! :o

Ripeberry
18-07-2012, 02:03 PM
By law we cant stop them. But we can call the police and tell them someone is driving under the influence.

AnnR
23-07-2012, 12:07 PM
I was told I cant stop them taking the child but could put in the policy the following:-

"I cannot stop you taking your child but once you leave my premises I will contact Social Care to report it":)