PDA

View Full Version : Online self evaluation form (SEF) - important information!

sarah707
17-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Information from Ofsted -

The online SEF will be closed for 3 weeks from the last week in August until the 3rd week in September!!

It is strongly recommended that you make sure your SEF is safe on your computer before the system shuts down.

Ofsted state that if you cannot show an inspector your SEF while the online system is closed you will not be penalised - however, I always recommend my customers take responsibility for their own SEF and back it up.

Thank you to Lucy for attending the meeting and sharing the information! :D

rickysmiths
17-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Thanks for that Sarah.

Ofsted state that if you cannot show an inspector your SEF while the online system is closed you will not be penalised

This is a strange comment though as completing a Sef is not a requirement and so they cannot penalise you anyway!!!

sarah707
17-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Thanks for that Sarah.

Ofsted state that if you cannot show an inspector your SEF while the online system is closed you will not be penalised

This is a strange comment though as completing a Sef is not a requirement and so they cannot penalise you anyway!!!

I thought that too!! :huh: However, I wasn't at the meeting and I can only quote the information I have been given!

:D

tashaleee
17-07-2012, 09:37 AM
ok... so I need to update my SEF... do I do it now? or do I wait and see if there is a new version in September that means I would have to start all over again? Any thoughts gratefully received :thumbsup:

loocyloo
17-07-2012, 02:08 PM
ok... so I need to update my SEF... do I do it now? or do I wait and see if there is a new version in September that means I would have to start all over again? Any thoughts gratefully received :thumbsup:

my understanding is, that when they produce a new version of the SEF, they transfer all your information to the new one, so things might not be exactly where they were, but they have put them where it now fits? thats what happened to me last time they revised the SEF !!!