PDA

View Full Version : Marriage= new contracts??

LittleLegsCM
15-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Morning all,

Quick question. One of my mindees parents were married yesterday. Do I have to all new contracts & paperwork in mums married name?

LO has dads name already so her details are all correct but obviously I'm assuming mums signature will now change, possibly causing issues with emergency forms etc?

rickysmiths
15-07-2012, 10:41 AM
If you only have mum on the contract I would definitely do new ones and get mum and dad to sign them. This is something I always do anyway because if things go pear shaped you have two people to claim payment from.

cathtee
15-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Always best to do new ones when names and or addresses change,

LittleLegsCM
16-07-2012, 06:39 AM
I have both mum & dad on all paperwork.

Would you just do the main bits (like contract, emergency forms) or would you do everything (contract, emergency, permission forms, policy & procedure confirmation form, everything and anything with her old signature basically!)?

rickysmiths
16-07-2012, 06:44 AM
I think I would do a new Contract and then a letter headed list of all the other things she has signed and get her just to sign that in her new name.

Oh I would do a new Parental responsibility form.

VeggieSausage
16-07-2012, 10:32 AM
I had family move etc recently and NCMA legal people told me you can cross out on the contract and then just write over the top the new details, get mum to sign by name change.....

samb
16-07-2012, 08:07 PM
I have sibling mindees whose parents got married 3 weeks ago. I have just done a "change of details form" - they state old detail, new detail and date changed and sign - I take a copy and give them original explaining it is part of their contract to be kept together as so. Last year a different set of sibling mindees moved house - I couldn't be doing whole new contracts whenever things like this happen - it is expensive and time consuming to me.