PDA

View Full Version : Only 2 hours to go!

Mollymop
31-12-2007, 09:53 PM
:) Only 2 hours to go and hopefully i will be able to give up me ciggies.
But i think it's gonna be a big challenge. I have tried 2x in the past year and failed after a few days, but this time I am really gonna give it my all.
I gave up when I was pregnant with my eldest, that was nearly 10 years ago - I stopped for a year and then, WHY did i start again!! I didn't even feel like it. i was just being sociable.
I don't think I can hack it !!!!!!!! I am scared and under pressure!!!
ARRRGGGGGGGGGGGhhhhhhhhh:panic:

charleyfarley
31-12-2007, 10:05 PM
I've never smoked so can't imagine what you are going through at the thought of giving up.

My brother and his partner gave up recently no patches, nothing and I know one of them is finding it hard.

Susan gave up on the forum.

Perhaps you could speak to her as she has done so well.

She just stopped, cold turkey also but maybe she could guide you along the way, I'm sure she would not mind

Hope I'm not talking out of turn here Susan, I know you are busy

Anyway good luck Sandra with giving up.

You've done it once you can do it again

Carol xx

chubbymummy
31-12-2007, 10:22 PM
you can do it sandra!! go for it girl!!!

nannysue
31-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Good Luck Sandra, think positive and i'm sure you will succeed. Sue x

Mollymop
31-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Thanks guys!!!!!!!
This is the support I need. U really are good friends.:)

Love San XXXXXXX

emler
01-01-2008, 08:27 AM
Good luck Sandra - I'm sure you can do it!

Emler x

sarah707
01-01-2008, 09:28 AM
Every time you think you want a cigarette, have an argument with yourself! The craving only lasts a few minutes, so if it's a long enough argument, the craving will pass and you won't smoke!

Good luck Sandra - it's very, very hard but you can do it!! Just think of all the £££ you'll save :p

Now... what are you going to buy yourself? :D

LittleMissSparkles
01-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Hi Sandra

Willpower is the key babe

As Carol has said I went cold turkey as it was the easiest way for me to just not have one at all, I didnt see a point cutting down.... dont like gum and didnt want the patches, but everyone is different.

I have to be honest and say I have slipped up a few times but I have still not started smoking again.

When I really want one I look at my kids and they are reason enough to not have one, I do not want to look back and say if only i'd stopped smoking.....

good luck and i'm here if you need anything xxxx

Minnie Minx
01-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Good luck sandra, we're here when you have a craving to talk you out of it lol. Remember you can do it!!!

xxx

Mollymop
01-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Thanks girls!
I was having a craving and I came on here and saw all of your support and it made me feel so much better. I am not feeling that bad today, at the moment, but I know it will get worse as the day goes on.:panic:
But i'm feeling totally positive at the moment.:clapping:

Love Sandra XXX

Minnie Minx
01-01-2008, 03:14 PM
when you get the craving do something with your hands, i.e type, sew or knit, i'm going to do this when i get a craving for chocolate (will start tomorrow as i've just had a fun sized bounty bar :blush: )

xxx

Mollymop
01-01-2008, 05:00 PM
LOL. :laughing:

wellybelly
01-01-2008, 07:09 PM
I gave up 4 weeks ago and am still going strong. REally fancy one now and again but keep positive and you'll do it x

angeldelight
01-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Good luck Sandra

Well done Katie keep it going good luck

Angel xxx

Mollymop
02-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Oh damn it! 2 days of quitting and I had a few puffs earlier. I feel so disappointed with myself. It is so hard to quit!:(

LittleMissSparkles
02-01-2008, 04:23 PM
dontkeep any in the house and when you want one you will not be so tempted if you dont have any .....

Mollymop
02-01-2008, 05:20 PM
yep, thanks susan,:)

I had advice that if you keep some in the house your cravings won't be so bad..but guess they were wrong.

Thanks for your advice.
XX

LittleMissSparkles
02-01-2008, 05:22 PM
yep, thanks susan,:)

I had advice that if you keep some in the house your cravings won't be so bad..but guess they were wrong.

Thanks for your advice.
XX

i found it easier not to have any stashed anywhere i could get my handson them ie house, car etc ....

if you would have to get in the car and go to the shop for example for some your less likely to bother and ride through the craving rather than givin in to it xxxx

keep going dont give up giving up xxxx

miffy
02-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Keep going Sandra - don't worry about one little slip

Miffy xx

Trouble
02-01-2008, 07:27 PM
i tried to give up once and wanted to run people over in my car!!!!! the acipuncture lady said i wasnt ready!!!!! just became very angry.:angry:
Good Luck

Mollymop
03-01-2008, 11:09 AM
i tried to give up once and wanted to run people over in my car!!!!! the acipuncture lady said i wasnt ready!!!!! just became very angry.:angry:
Good Luck

LOl!! sorry I find it funny, but i can just imagine you in a car (having to guess what you look like, here) going "I want a ciggie, get out of my way...Or i'll run u over" BRUMMMMMMMMMMM

I feel angry a lot too and I take it out on everyone. I am lucky I don't drive or I'll probably try to run someone over aswell.
Ha!!:)

LittleMissSparkles
03-01-2008, 11:13 AM
i have to admit to been very snappy especially with hubby since i stopped xxx

Trouble
05-01-2008, 05:38 PM
:) Only 2 hours to go and hopefully i will be able to give up me ciggies.
But i think it's gonna be a big challenge. I have tried 2x in the past year and failed after a few days, but this time I am really gonna give it my all.
I gave up when I was pregnant with my eldest, that was nearly 10 years ago - I stopped for a year and then, WHY did i start again!! I didn't even feel like it. i was just being sociable.
I don't think I can hack it !!!!!!!! I am scared and under pressure!!!
ARRRGGGGGGGGGGGhhhhhhhhh:panic:

how are you getting on?

Mollymop
05-01-2008, 07:55 PM
You'll see my post on your quitters thread!! I feel so guilty but I have been having a few crafty puffs now and again. All that "i'm going to quit" malarcy and now look at me, smoking 5 a day and it hasn't even been a week since I tried stopping.
It's funny, but while I am posting this, the NHS adverts are on the tv! Maybe someone "up there" trying to tell me something.:)

I felt really really ill and dizzy, I couldn't sleep that first night and felt really anxious about everything. I had bad PND after I had Tim, that was 9 years ago, nearly, but I am scared that I will feel depressed if I stop, now as, like I said I felt really anxious those 2 days that I gave up cold turkey, ad it reminded me of me depression. But I dunnooooooooo!!!!!!!!! I am gonna have to one day soon. I am still trying..
Maybe we should do it with patches or gum, Rascal, if cold turkey fails.