PDA

View Full Version : would you prefer one or two kids when ofsted come to do inspection

toddlers896
12-07-2012, 03:29 PM
ive got my first graded inspection coming up and i only have one child 15mnths when she comes. We normally go to the childrens centres every morning so my little one is now in a routine. We obviously wont be able to go on the day of the inspection and ime panicking that she will be bored at home all morning and will get really grumpy. Ime wondering if it might be better to have two kids here.
We didnt go out today and i must admit it was a very long morning and she was starting to get grumpy, bored and naughty and i was thinking whats it going to be like when ofsted come.

What do you guys find easier one or more kids.

mama2three
12-07-2012, 03:58 PM
It depends whether the 2 children are used to each other and interact well! Id say Id prefer to have 2 children here , but only if they were used to each other.

Bridey
12-07-2012, 04:45 PM
I only had one child of EYFS age on my books and my inspection went very well. The inspector inspected on how I interacted with him, what we did and how we spoke to each other and what we talked about. The inspector is looking at how you work with the children.

I don't see why your little one would get bored if you were there playing and doing activities with her. That is what childminding is all about after all ;)

toddlers896
12-07-2012, 05:02 PM
I only had one child of EYFS age on my books and my inspection went very well. The inspector inspected on how I interacted with him, what we did and how we spoke to each other and what we talked about. The inspector is looking at how you work with the children.

I don't see why your little one would get bored if you were there playing and doing activities with her. That is what childminding is all about after all ;)

I understand what you are saying Bridey. Thanks for your opinion. I think ime just worying over nothing again. Looking at all the what ifs!!
When my little one gets tired she fights it and doesnt want to do anything so its difficult to do activities with her. We will just go with the flow :)

Bridey
12-07-2012, 05:14 PM
That is fine as you are following the child's lead. If she is tired and grumpy and wants to sit quietly then you could read a book to her or for you to sit her on your lap and sing some songs and do some action rhymes. The inspector will be judging what it is like for the child in your home so going with the flow sounds perfect!

Ripeberry
12-07-2012, 05:14 PM
I only had one mindee when I had my inspection and he usually cried if any stranger even looked at him. But the inspector was very nice and he soon forgot to be worried about her. He was only 18 months old by then.

This time I've got more kids on my books and I would prefer to have two non related kids than siblings when I get inspected as the brothers I care for just don't like sharing one bit :rolleyes:

Shar
12-07-2012, 06:28 PM
The fewer the better!!! I hope I only have 2 on my next inspection. Last time I had 1 because 1 was off I'll. It went very well. No arguing, no stress, just 1to 1attention.

samb
12-07-2012, 07:01 PM
I had 3 on my first inspection - I had agreed to have child a for a morning extra and then got a call to book my inspection! Child a was 10 months. Child b was 25 months. They had both started with me within the last 6 weeks. Child c was my ds who was 29 months and then when child a was due to leave we were due to leave for pre school run to collect dd (4yrs) and child d (3yrs)! I kept thinking it was going badly when children weren't sharing etc but actually the inspcetor said it was great to see how I had dealt with a difficult day and I got a good with some outstanding areas! :thumbsup: