PDA

View Full Version : Jus-Rol Puff Pastry...

EmmaReed84
12-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Ideas please... savoury and sweet.

PixiePetal
12-07-2012, 10:35 AM
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3551/asparagus-and-parmesan-tarts

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3216/red-onion-feta-and-olive-tart

have tried the second one minus the olives cos I don't like them :)

any good, or did you mean things more suited to LOs baking?

EmmaReed84
12-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Thank you,

Kind of a bit of both really, dinner/dessert ideas and perhaps things I can do with the kiddy winks

FussyElmo
12-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Cutthe sheet of puff pastry into triangles.

grill one side of bacon and then put in the middle of the triangle top with cheese wrap up. bake in the oven for about 20mins at 180 until golden brown.

Lovely hot or cold.

loocyloo
12-07-2012, 12:23 PM
roll out a sheet till a bit thinner. thinly spread with marmite, sprinkle with cheese, roll up like a swiss roll, cut into thin slices ( 5mm ) and place on baking sheet. bake till just golden. yum! ( and easy! ) can do it with pesto or anything really! could try with chocolate spread!

roll out a sheet till thinner, cut into 4 quarters/squares. put a piece of ham and some grated cheese in the middle, fold 2 (opposite) outside corners in, leaving a squidged diamond shape ( can't work out how to explain it! ) brush with egg and bake till golden. yummy hot or cold

xxx

Katiekoo
12-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Rolled around frankfurter sausages make the best sausage rolls you've ever made! YUM :D

PixiePetal
12-07-2012, 03:17 PM
roll out a sheet till a bit thinner. thinly spread with marmite, sprinkle with cheese, roll up like a swiss roll, cut into thin slices ( 5mm ) and place on baking sheet. bake till just golden. yum! ( and easy! ) can do it with pesto or anything really! could try with chocolate spread!

roll out a sheet till thinner, cut into 4 quarters/squares. put a piece of ham and some grated cheese in the middle, fold 2 (opposite) outside corners in, leaving a squidged diamond shape ( can't work out how to explain it! ) brush with egg and bake till golden. yummy hot or cold

xxx

love those marmite and cheese whirls :thumbsup:

scoobydoo1
12-07-2012, 03:26 PM
What about apple turnovers, sorry don't know recipe but you could get it off the internet. Or steak and veg pie, no bottom just use patry for top x

FussyElmo
12-07-2012, 03:52 PM

xxx

Marmite :eek: Im a hater :laughing::laughing::laughing: how about cheese and tomato whirls :thumbsup:

EmmaReed84
12-07-2012, 04:06 PM

xxx

OMG I :censored: LOVE YOU!!!

I am a marmite hater but LOVE chocolate so just tried what you said with chocolate spread, I then dusted with icing sugar and we ate them fresh and hot out the oven with vanilla ice cream.... WOW!!!! :thumbsup:

louise
13-07-2012, 01:08 PM
I always seem to have a block of pasty in the trolley now. It's great to do a bottomless pie. The kids love choc wheels as well as pizza or pesto ones. With a block you get so much more out of it. This week I used it for dinner and the kids had ham and mozzarella, me and eh had Mediterranean vegetables (Sainsbury do a mix of it frozen) with mozzarella. You bring up the sides so it's a parcel. Fillings you could have are endless.

PixiePetal
13-07-2012, 03:48 PM
I have just bought some after reading this thread - might have to try the chocolate :thumbsup:

also got feta cheese and onions to make some tarts