PDA

View Full Version : O2 Disaster!!!

rickysmiths
12-07-2012, 06:44 AM
Have you been affected by the 02 problem?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18801300

I have quite an old phone and use Tesco Mobile. After tea last night dh found it would work properly, wouldn't receive calls for one. All the family have been joking about my phone for ages and in the last year it has been dropped in the toilet and the floor and survived!

Anyhow dh pronounced it dead :eek: Well can't be without one so off we went to Tesco at 9pm, spent a princely £11.95 :laughing: Last of the big spenders me. Came home and dd spent over an hour transferring all my contacts onto the sim and deleting a lot of old ones during which process dh sees on the internet news that the 02 network has been down and had major problems all day.

Now I have spent £11.95 and spent over an hour prob for no reason but I'll never now because the old phone has been taken apart :angry::laughing:

kindredspirits
12-07-2012, 06:50 AM
looks like i may have had a lucky escape - i got an o2 iphone off ebay, decided to switch of o2 rather than unlock it but when we moved i got no o2 signal at all in this village, so i jailbroke the iphone and put my tmobile sim back in!!
at least you got a new phone ricky!:thumbsup:

ajs
12-07-2012, 06:53 AM
I did wonder why I received no texts all day, including one from dh telling me what time he'd be home.
They all arrived at 9:30 last night, all 18 of them :clapping::clapping:

*daisychain*
12-07-2012, 07:04 AM
:angry:I think the worls is out to get me! first Natwest, now o2, i know how to choose them

rickysmiths
12-07-2012, 07:20 AM
:angry:I think the worls is out to get me! first Natwest, now o2, i know how to choose them

Oh dear have you got 02 back now?

rickysmiths
12-07-2012, 07:22 AM
I did wonder why I received no texts all day, including one from dh telling me what time he'd be home.
They all arrived at 9:30 last night, all 18 of them :clapping::clapping:

Mine all came in during the night, I didn't go to bed until 12.30 and they hadn't come in then.

*daisychain*
12-07-2012, 07:35 AM
still nothing :(

cara1235
12-07-2012, 07:43 AM
mine phone was ok all day yesterday but lo and behold i turn it on this morning and emergency calls only!! grrrr
but i do have to send a very important text to 1 of my cm friends..............we need to meet up and have a cuppa today in this sunshine:laughing: omg what am i going to do lol

Bushpig
12-07-2012, 07:49 AM
I have 02 and have had no problems at all *touch wood*

jumping j
12-07-2012, 08:13 AM
mine was working last night.
This morning I've had no signal, turned my phone off and on and recieved a text, tried to send a reply but it wouldn't send so turned my phone off and on again and the text sent.
I've done it 5 times now and each time I turn my phone back on I can send or recieve one text bit of a long way to be able to text but it's working :laughing:

Stormy
12-07-2012, 08:33 AM
I can now make calls :)

rickysmiths
12-07-2012, 08:53 AM
mine phone was ok all day yesterday but lo and behold i turn it on this morning and emergency calls only!! grrrr
but i do have to send a very important text to 1 of my cm friends..............we need to meet up and have a cuppa today in this sunshine:laughing: omg what am i going to do lol

Oh no hope it works soon. Can you email her? We have to get these importany dates sorted don't we!!! ;)

Two Princesses
12-07-2012, 08:54 AM
My phone was fine all day yeaterday too but this morning I have nothing.
Frustrating!

pinkellifun
12-07-2012, 08:54 AM
I have only just got my service back. Which is typical really as my dad was supposed to pick me up from the garage (about half hour walk all up hill from my house) and I didn't realise there was a problem so ended up walking home as couldn't ring him to tell him to fetch me!!! Oh well, exercise is all well and good - except when you have a cold! Right I'm off for a nap now! :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
12-07-2012, 09:03 AM
Turn phone off then on again and then turn 3g off xx

charleyfarley
12-07-2012, 09:13 AM

Thankfully I'm with neither :thumbsup: but I hope your problems are sorted soon :thumbsup:

Carol xx