PDA

View Full Version : Not childminding related

sophie1977
11-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Hi everyone, I have a 13 nearly 14 year old son, and he is disparate to get a Saturday job!! I don't mind him doing this as I think it will benefit him greatly and he can gain experience and confidence. But don't have a clue of what he could do?? Newspaper round?? Anything else anybody could recommend and how do you go about it, as he's really determined and asked me to look into it, so thought I'd ask you clever people for any ideas:laughing:

Thanks for any replies, he'll be very grateful:jump for joy:

clareelizabeth1
12-07-2012, 07:04 AM
I worked in a green grosers (sp) every Saturday when I was 13. I think you can work anywhere as long as things like knifes arnt involved (also worked as a chef and it had an age limit of 16).

jumping j
12-07-2012, 07:12 AM
when I worked in a pub we could have pot washers who were 'under age' not a very glamorous job but it was money

rickysmiths
12-07-2012, 07:16 AM
From experience of my own dd who is nearly 20 now.

She couldn't get a job anywhere until she had her NI card and this is what my son found he is 17yrs.

Also if he is still at school you need to contact your local authority to see if they require that he has a Work Permit which has to be signed by school and parents and check what hours they allow under 18s to work. Usually they are not allowed to work before or after certain times and only short hours on school days and Sundays.