PDA

View Full Version : Parental responsibility - both to sign paperwork?

*Katrina*
11-07-2012, 01:46 PM
I have just had a thought...I signed contracts the other day with the mother of the little girl I am to look after, however she has put that both parents have parental responsibility. Do I need to get her husband to sign contracts, permission forms etc as well or will just her signature do? :panic:

Chatterbox Childcare
11-07-2012, 02:21 PM
I get both parents to sign everything and then they are both equally liable

catlyn
11-07-2012, 02:43 PM
parents of my LO are separated...(not married) he lives away but visits occasionally...both have paarental responsibility and both signed last years contract when still together....in Sept when its due to be renewed is it OK to get just mum to sign??

Bridey
11-07-2012, 02:52 PM
I have some families where both parents have signed the paperwork. Some families where only one has signed. Its useful to have both sign should you need to chase for unpaid money - you can go after both of them for the arrears - but its not a requirement. You just need to make sure you have a written record on who has parental responsibility for the child.

rickysmiths
11-07-2012, 04:07 PM
If the family are together or the dad is close and going to pick up regularly then yes both sign all the paperwork. Then I have two people to chase over late or unpaid fees :thumbsup: