PDA

View Full Version : Parents getting married query.

LittleVoice
10-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Evening ladies,

A thought had just occured to me and just wondering if anyone could help.
I am currently a p/t self employed nanny for a family with 2 children 10 and 18 mths. The 10 yr old has a different dad but does not see him. Currently mum and dad aren't married but will be in 6 weeks time when the "dad" will legally become the 10yr olds dad.

I know I will need a new parental responsibility form but will I need to update contracts and policies ect as mum will have changed her name?

Thank you in advance,

Hailee. :)

rickysmiths
10-07-2012, 06:28 PM
If the 10 year lod has a different dad even if they don't see each other the natural dad may have PR for the child.

If I am right the mother's new husband will not automatically get PR of the child when he marries the child's mother because he is not the child's biological parent.

As far as contracts are concerned I would do a letter confirming any change of name and the date it changed and you and the parents sign it and attach it to the current contract.

LittleVoice
10-07-2012, 06:53 PM
At the monemt the 10yr olds dad doesnt have pr as even though he is on the birth certificate fathers didnt get pr until 2003 and child was born in 2002

The step dad is adopting the child at the same time as him and mum get married thus giving him PR.

I just wondered if i needed to get new contracts signed in mums new name or didnt it matter but your idea about the signed letter and attaching it to the contract sounds great so thank you Rickysmiths.