PDA

View Full Version : First graded inspection in the morning!!

LadyC
10-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Ok, feeling relatively calm.... Managed to palm off my own 2 year old to my sister while I scribbled some guff in my SEF and I THINK I have everything in order. Now just two very tiny points:

1. What sort of tricky questions should I be prepared for (and why can't they just refer to the SEF that I've busted a gut to complete?!!)

2. Any votes for the best activities to engage a (VERY) active 17 mth old and my 2 year old who has just decided she is very clingy - probably because I've been neglecting her...?

One other small point - our garden is not registered so outdoor activities are not on the cards. This is especialy bad as we go outside every day to a park or whatever, and usually first thing - which, of course, is when Mrs O will be here.

Urrrgghh, ok, not calm now :eek:

sarah707
10-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Don't do anything different from your routine or the children will realise and probably play up.

Questions will definitely be on safeguarding - make sure you know your policy and procedures.

Good luck! :D

LadyC
10-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Hi Sarah, and yeah I know - change of routine will probably end in meltdown, we usually go to an amazing playgroup for childminders on a Wednesday morning!! :angry:

Plus, the LO I have tomorrow has been away on holiday and it had taken ages previously to get her not to scream as soon as her dad dropped her off! Ah well, I am just hoping that Mrs O doesn't arrive just as LO is being dropped off as she will see her at her worst, plus LO will be extra unsettled at a new face. Although weirdly, at groups she is amazingly confident and usually goes and makes friends with a completely random adult every time we attend.

I also realise my question about activities was a bit flippant as I know her likes/dislikes best (apart from her parents). However, she is very into messy play - seems to send her into a trance?! - so I will probably do something she hasdone before but have some extra things to chuck in should her concentration waiver after 1 minute!

Thanks for the luck - am hoping it isn't necessary and that my super setting is enough to earn me a decent rating :D

kats
10-07-2012, 07:51 PM
good luck and let us know how you get on :)

LadyC
11-07-2012, 11:37 AM
I got a GOOD!!!

She said I was satisfactory in a few areas but mainly where I hadn't had a chance to prove I was good - can't for the life of me remember what areas exactly so will have to await my report I guess.

I don't post much on here but I have picked up loads of tips and ideas from you lot, so thanks!!

LadyC xxxx

oxfordshirecm
11-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Well done :clapping:

Ballette
11-07-2012, 12:05 PM
Well done Lady C :jump for joy:

Penny1959
11-07-2012, 12:15 PM
Excellent - very well done

Penny :)

melco
11-07-2012, 01:40 PM
I got a Good today too!! Bet like me you can't keep the grin off your face and your glad its over!!

Well done :clapping:

melco

mrs_scottydog
11-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Congratulations! Now you can relax Hx

LadyC
11-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Cheers all! And yes, Melco, I know exactly how you feel. I have always been of the opinion that grading shouldn't necessarily matter - as long as the children and parents are happy, who cares? But it is a lovely bonus....

Suebb1
11-07-2012, 08:57 PM
well done you xx