PDA

View Full Version : Toy box labels

eddie
10-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Apologies if this is in the wrong section!

I want to label my toy boxes with pictures as well as text but am having trouble finding some good pictures online. Can anyone suggest links with good pictures to use or ideas of how they do it in their own setting?

Thanks in advance! :)

pinkellifun
10-07-2012, 11:28 AM
After asking a similar question myself, someone gave me the advice to take pictures yourself of what is in the box, print it off, laminate it and stick it to the inside of the box. This is what I have done and it works. It is also an easy way to be able to change the contents if you need to.

eddie
10-07-2012, 11:43 AM
After asking a similar question myself, someone gave me the advice to take pictures yourself of what is in the box, print it off, laminate it and stick it to the inside of the box. This is what I have done and it works. It is also an easy way to be able to change the contents if you need to.

Clever thinking! Thanks for that. :thumbsup:

Zoomie
10-07-2012, 12:24 PM
I use my own photo's of the the toys.

I print them business card size, add a strip of paper to the bottom (or top) which I have printed from the computer, stating the 'words' for the picture.

I then laminate them with business card laminates and use heavy duty velcro to attach it to my toys boxes.

eddie
10-07-2012, 12:46 PM
I use my own photo's of the the toys.

I print them business card size, add a strip of paper to the bottom (or top) which I have printed from the computer, stating the 'words' for the picture.

I then laminate them with business card laminates and use heavy duty velcro to attach it to my toys boxes.

:thumbsup: I have a surplus of business card laminate pouches so this will be a great idea. Thanks.

hectors house
10-07-2012, 12:50 PM
I do the same - I take a picture of the toys whilst in the box - box of Duplo, playmobile, musical instruments, then print, laminate and stick onto boxes with sticky back plastic.

I then have another set of laminated pictures and a notice board with a "what shall we play with today" laminated chart - the children choose what they want to play with and I get it from my garage toy store room.

jumping j
10-07-2012, 01:12 PM
I have pictures of the toys and their name laminated but I also begged and borrowed similar pictures to the ones sure start centres use, I'll try to attach a sample.

It took a lot of begging to borrow the sure start file, apparently they should be available for us but the staff didn't seem aware of that!!!