PDA

View Full Version : omg - Ofsted coming next week!!! - scared

vickie74
07-07-2012, 09:34 PM
:panic:Hiya all, I have ofsted coming next week. I am so nervous, worried I have all the necessary paperwork and things covered!! I am being sooo hard on myself, but it hasnt helped as I have been told my inspector is quite strict and is likely of staying for 5 hours!!!!!!

blue bear
07-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Get all your paperwork out ready and then relax.

Go through the eyfs 2008 and check you have done all the must and shoulds

mrs_scottydog
07-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Good luck, hope it all goes well next week for you. Hx

jaswinder bedi
07-07-2012, 10:09 PM
I had one for four and half hour, inspector dint want to go home...... :panic:

If your documents are ready it may well take half the time, good luck hope all goes well....:thumbsup:

miffy
08-07-2012, 07:37 AM
:eek: couldn't stand 5 hours of inspection :panic:

Good luck - hope it goes well for you

Miffy xx

vickie74
08-07-2012, 07:49 AM
thanks all.
I have a folder which is like a prospectus, it shows all of my qualifications, insurances, ncma membership, food hygiene cert, some photos of what we do, some leaflets of places we visit, a little bit on me and my family & setting.
I also have another folder, with all my p&ps in.
I have another folder with my RAS & fire drill.
I have the child's learning journal with obs etc.
I have the child's file with contracts etc....

is there anything else I need to have to hand for her please??

I cant believe its either tomorrow or Friday, although I was told my inspection needs to be done by the 12th, so I dont expect it to be fri 13th!!

Vx:panic:

miffy
08-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Accident/incident records unless they are in individual children's files

Sef

Miffy xx

vickie74
08-07-2012, 08:05 AM
Oh ok thanks I have an NCMA acccident & incident folder, which has sections at the back for each child, so I will put that out.

I havent completed my sef but I have typed up bits, how I have made changes what I feel I do well etc, I just havent finished it and put it on the correct form. One of my development points for me is to gain a better understanding of the SEF. I did advise the inspector when she rang I hadnt put it on the form, she said just collate together so she could see I have reflected.....

Thanks again

Vx

bunyip
08-07-2012, 09:08 AM
Mine took over 4 hours. Didn't help that it was my first ever inspection and she'd told me it would be 2 hours max.

I think what did help was that I was totally up front with her from the start. Told her I was petrified of any sort of testing, and forget things when I'm panicked, so would she please ask if she felt any paperwork, etc. was missing as I probably had it somewhere. Also had to tell her that the lo's would be on edge because one was in the middle of a family break-up and both were off-routine, as we should've been at toddler group that day.

Inspector was very happy that I'd told her and took account of my concerns for the children during inspection. She was using the table for paperwork when lunchtime arrived, and was impressed that we improvised a "floor picnic" instead, on a foil blanket on the floor.

The children actually cried when she left.

jaswinder bedi
08-07-2012, 09:41 PM
All seems in order, And rest you have mentioned it? Oh yes one more thing visitor sign in book have you got one in place? Rest You got it all right so don't panic. :thumbsup:

sonyach
08-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Sounds great to me, relax be yourself you'll be fine. Good luck not had mine long ago and the thought of it is scary but you sound very organised.:thumbsup:

oxfordshirecm
09-07-2012, 07:09 AM
Just wanted to say good luck :)
My inspector came here last monday and was here for 6 hours : s I thought she was going to stay for dinner. I did my sef and very thorough as I thought this would mean a shorter inspection as lots of the evidence was written for her anyways- no such luck she still asked lots of questions which just seemed like she was resting me to see if I had remembered what I had written.

After she had been here for 3 hours I had just forgotten she was her and just got on with everything I had planned.

Good luck again :)

flowerpots
09-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Good luck hun. :thumbsup:

Ballette
09-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Has she been yet Vickie?

vickie74
09-07-2012, 04:06 PM
:clapping:The inspector came @ 9.15 and was very nice. She was thorough with her assessing of me and my paperworl. (To make matters worse, I had been told she was very strict and was likely of giving satisfactory!!) Anyway, she left about 1pm, advising me she was very impressed and has awarded me a strong GOOD!! I am sooooo happy, all that hardwork has paid off. Thanks to all who posted. x :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

mrs_scottydog
09-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Congratulations! That's great news. :clapping: Now you can relax Hx

loocyloo
09-07-2012, 04:59 PM
well done xxx

BucksCM
09-07-2012, 05:15 PM
:clapping: well done you!!:clapping:

.....and relax!:D

sandy64
09-07-2012, 06:27 PM
well done now relax and have a nice long drink:)

Ballette
09-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Very well done :jump for joy:

melco
09-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Well Done! :clapping:

I have mine on Wednesday and am very nervous too.

This might sound like a silly question but I have a signing in book, do I have to get the inspector to sign in?

Tomorrow is housework day as I have no children, am so tired though as was up until 12.40am:eek: making sure I had everything!! Just hope it goes as well as yours

melco

bunyip
10-07-2012, 07:19 AM
Well Done! :clapping:

I have mine on Wednesday and am very nervous too.

This might sound like a silly question but I have a signing in book, do I have to get the inspector to sign in?

Tomorrow is housework day as I have no children, am so tired though as was up until 12.40am:eek: making sure I had everything!! Just hope it goes as well as yours

melco

Yes, s/he is a visitor and will expect to see how you manage visitors. If, like mine, you visitor book has a bit stating "I was not left alone with the children during my stay", then s/he'll probably fill in the name at the start but not sign until s/he leaves.

I also talked her through my "what to do if the smoke alarm goes off" evacuation procedure, including where to find the key (cos we're locked in); asked if if she had any special access needs; and checked she was comfortable lone working with me. She was very impressed with this. To confuse matters, she didn't have a photo ID, so I made a point of calling her office for a visual description.

She said I was very thorough and organised, and didn't even change her mind when she found 1 or 2 of my sticky-note reminders around the place.