PDA

View Full Version : Assessments

Crafty Chris
07-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Hi everyone hope you're not too wet from this lovely weather we've been having:(
After a meeting with my development officer, apparently I'm supposed to have been doing 6-8 weekly assessments (yes on top of everything else) on my eyfs children. Please please please could anybody help and share their feelings i.e do you all do this and if so how do you set it out, apparently I have to cover all areas individually with acheivements, comments and next steps, and also area for parents comments/feedback
Was just getting myself into a calm zone with new eyfs when this was sprung on me
Enjoy your saturday night & if you reply to this I'll know your life is as entertaining as mine LOL:laughing:
Thanks
Chris x

sarah707
07-07-2012, 05:52 PM
It is good practice to summarise children's learning and development every so often so that you can share how they are progressing with parents.

I do mine every 6 months or so. I am far too busy planning exciting learning experiences for them to write summaries more often!

Hth :D

loocyloo
07-07-2012, 07:30 PM
:eek: every 6-8 weeks? don't think your DO has a grasp on reality! ;)

i know all the time where every child is and what i am moving them towards, but apart from an odd scribble and comment/photo in LJ that is it for parents.

i intend to do summative assessments every 6 months ... but as it took me 2 months plus to pin parents down to share last time ... i should be doing them now for july ... think its more likely to be august, and then september by the time i share with parents ... and as it will have to be on the revised EYFS :panic: ho hum! just always too much to do and too much fun being had!

my summative assesment lists the childs name & dob. then 6 boxes - one for each area and has 3 headings in each ... where i am now/current interests ... what i am going to be doing next/next steps ... possible experiences ( i'm in the middle of trying to reword my boxes! ;) ) in here i write things the parents could do at home ( and i could do too! ) and then a box for parents comments and possibly a box for parents to write interests/etc at home. oh and a box for childs comments

hth xxx

Crafty Chris
08-07-2012, 03:17 PM
thank you both so much-that makes things a little bit easier on my part-wonder why she wanted me to do these every 6-8 weeks though hmmm

loocyloo
08-07-2012, 03:48 PM
thank you both so much-that makes things a little bit easier on my part-wonder why she wanted me to do these every 6-8 weeks though hmmm

probably thinks you have far to much spare time on your hands ;) :laughing: