PDA

View Full Version : Contracts whilst registering

Fairy_dusted
06-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Hi all, I am now at the stage of registration where I am waiting for my Ofsted visit.

I am very lucky and have several families lined up who are all well aware that I am not yet registered. It's all starting to get quite complicated and I'm wondering when can I get contracts in place? If we sign contracts before my registration is confirmed does that make them void? I already have my public liability insurance in place.

I'm a very impatient person and just want to get as much done as possible!

Any advice would be gratefully received!
Thanks
C x

sarah707
07-07-2012, 07:45 AM
You cannot write / sign contracts until you have a registration certificate. They are not legally binding until you are registered.

it is highly unusual to have insurance in place before Ofsted have registered you either... I am very surprised the insurance company sold it to you?? Unless rules have changed of course..

Patience... just a little bit longer to wait! :D

Kiddleywinks
07-07-2012, 08:07 AM
Why is it complicated lol, parents'll have to wait until your certificate's arrived, which can take up to 10 days after your pre reg visit.

I'm also surprised you have been able to get liability insurance without your registration number...?
Who are you with? I'm with MM and they wouldn't let me buy it early - I had the money at the time and was concious of spending it on something else :laughing::laughing:

The wheels of Ofsted grind much slower than us, but give them a call and see if that'll give them a nudge ;)