PDA

View Full Version : starting my childminding career :)

chockywockydoda
06-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Hello all, I have attended my briefing and waiting for my childminding course to start in october.

At the moment I am working in a nursery. My plan is to do before / after school only and carry on working school hours at he nursery. Then hopefully when I have a few under 5's lined up I can become full time!

Im trying to get some paperwork organised and have started to write some policies and planning / observation documents. I have good knowledge of the current and new EYFS because of my job.

What else can I do while im waiting for my course to start? Im eager to get going and oct seems so long away!

loocyloo
06-07-2012, 12:50 PM
welcome and good luck with your journey :D

md0u0131
06-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Good luck!

I would concentrate on advertising and getting paperwork sorted so you're ready to start.

xx

Kiddleywinks
06-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Whilst I was in limbo, waiting for my course to start, I started by identifying how I wanted to run my business, made list after list, then drafted my P & P's

A couple of things I learnt along the way was to
Set up a 'childminding' folder in my bookmarks list, I then added other folders within it so when I found something on line I could bookmark it in the area it covered and when I had more time I could remember where it was :laughing: (I have things like 'gaming sites for under 5's', 'recipes', 'downloadable resources', 'shopping sites' etc)

Set up a 'childminding' folder on your desktop too lol then you can save anything you do, or download, in one place - I cleared my history once and it cleared my download folder at the same time aaaaaargh!

Accept that once you've sorted all your p&p's out, worded it how you want, you will still re edit it a thousand and one times after that

and finally, listen to everyone, look at everything, nod and agree, then pick out the bits later that suit you and run with it :rolleyes:

Good luck on your new adventure :thumbsup:

Rebecca Foster
06-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Congartulations :):):):):)

Kats Kids
06-07-2012, 05:05 PM
Congratulations and good luck

Tatjana
12-07-2012, 07:55 PM
I did my course online, it was alot easier doing it in my own time at home and not having to dedicate specific hours to go to college, also saves on travellling! Also, it took a lot less time than the college course. :)